Thomson Reuters Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thomson Reuters Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in January 2013.

Interview

I worked as a contractor for 6 months along with around 20 other people working as a compensation analyst. At the end of my contract I had to reapply for my position and only 5 or 6 people were hired on from the pool of contractors, the rest left.

Negotiation

No ability to negotiate.

Jan 5, 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations. We are disappointed to hear about your negative... More

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2014.

Interview

somewhere between in cordial and formal. there were 2 interviewers, the hiring manager and another person that is working closely with the hiring manager. They asked situational and skill set questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very smooth. They gave what I requested for.

May 4, 2017 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There was a phone screen, followed by two in person interviews. The second interview was with 7 people and lasted 5 hours! You'd think they were interviewing for a rocket scientist! They were trying to make sure I was a good fit for their smaller team, so it makes sense.

Interview Questions

• Describe a technical, non-trivial system.   1 Answer

Oct 20, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and feedback of the interview process. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

Many rounds of interview before you get onboard. The interview process is very organized as they start with tests for fresher and then take technical round and then one on one with ops manager and then HR round.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I joined as a fresher, so no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Phila, PA) in September 2010.

Interview

Was very rigorous, they really want to make sure you are the right fit. You will be asked questions that require you to think on your feet. You will first get a phone interview. This will be followed by an in person two stage interview. Questions in both sections are very different, one is about your knowledge and one is about how you may fit into the organization.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Leeds, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Good brief on job and a presentation attached on company. Interviewer was cool too.. It's all about YOU though. He was just prompting me for more information (like a BA) I guess.

I thought it went well, and I ticked nearly every box. Unfortunately I was turned down due to internal recruitment. Kinda waste of time and could have done with formal feedback at the least.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Jun 15, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We will take your advice into consideration for future interviews. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we... More

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied and then within 2-3 weeks Thomson Reuters reached out to me saying I was able to go into the phone interview which is the first round. Second round was in the office and it was professional and comfortable. I was then given an office tour a and they were very friendly and open. I got an offer 2 weeks after the office interview where they explained to me the hours and the start date and told me to look out for emails with more information.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your leadership role?
      When was a time where you had to think on your feet in order to get a job done quick?
      Name a time where you had to problem solve and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Jan 18, 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Brookfield, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Visited their office over a 2-3 hour period, where we were given a tour of the officer and then sat down to interview with 3 different departments, the interviews lasting roughly 30 minutes each. Very typical interview questions, no surprises. I interviewed with business analyst, quality assurance, and project management.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in October 2011.

Interview

1st round phone interview, 2nd round interview by two managers and one HR.
    The 1st round was financial knowledge checking, very easy
    2nd round, is conducted by hiring managers, and HR representative.
    There are some on-job cases and one financial reading, as well as network infrastructure.
    As long as you understand the business of Thomson Reuters, it would be very easy

Interview Questions

• 1. tell me about yourself
      2. why do you want to leave your current job
      3. how do you know about Thomson Reuters
      4. case study   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in June 2013.

Interview

The Boston office (Internal Recruiter) called Regarding the Eagan MN Opening. 4 in-person interviews, background check, drug test. The process took 3 months. Almost walked away due to stalls in the process. 1st Interview was group.. 2nd was group again, then 2 individual 1:1. The delays in between were uncomfortable. They did not contact me to explain delays either. I did let them know at one point, if this continues, I will withdraw from consideration. Original interview was phone screening.. next 3 In-person with team (2 group, 2 ind). All coordinated by a local HR Recruiter. It was the recruiter that I notified that I would not continue with delays as they were.

Interview Questions

• Experience with MRP, SAP, Strengths & weaknesses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They tried to walk backwards from their initial offer.