Thomson Reuters Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thomson Reuters Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Leeds, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Good brief on job and a presentation attached on company. Interviewer was cool too.. It's all about YOU though. He was just prompting me for more information (like a BA) I guess.

I thought it went well, and I ticked nearly every box. Unfortunately I was turned down due to internal recruitment. Kinda waste of time and could have done with formal feedback at the least.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Jun 15, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We will take your advice into consideration for future interviews. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we... More

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2014.

Interview

somewhere between in cordial and formal. there were 2 interviewers, the hiring manager and another person that is working closely with the hiring manager. They asked situational and skill set questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very smooth. They gave what I requested for.

May 4, 2017 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY).

Interview

My telephonic interview went very well, it was very basic and easy level. Very happy to be applied for. Now waiting for my onsite interview hopefully i will listen from them as soon as possible

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, why u choose agile project approach   Answer Question

Mar 2, 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied and then within 2-3 weeks Thomson Reuters reached out to me saying I was able to go into the phone interview which is the first round. Second round was in the office and it was professional and comfortable. I was then given an office tour a and they were very friendly and open. I got an offer 2 weeks after the office interview where they explained to me the hours and the start date and told me to look out for emails with more information.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your leadership role?
      When was a time where you had to think on your feet in order to get a job done quick?
      Name a time where you had to problem solve and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Jan 18, 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in October 2016.

Interview

Simple math questions without using calculator and english test for 1 hour. After, around 1 hour interview with two interviewer. They were nice, and gave a lot of courage during interview session as well.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Nov 17, 2016 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters! Keep an eye out for an email with information about onboarding. If you... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Brookfield, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Visited their office over a 2-3 hour period, where we were given a tour of the officer and then sat down to interview with 3 different departments, the interviews lasting roughly 30 minutes each. Very typical interview questions, no surprises. I interviewed with business analyst, quality assurance, and project management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I received an email from HR a couple of days after submitting my info. I set up an in-person interview and we talked about my background. I asked questions about the position and I took a logic test. Two days after, I received an invitation for job shadowing, which I took. It was very interesting and I became excited for the position. They said they would be in contact and I emailed HR, but they haven't responded. Hopefully they do, otherwise it's extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Mar 7, 2016 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your interest in Thomson Reuters along with your time, participation and review of your interview experience. Feel free to reach out to the recruiter for any updates on where things are... More

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in October 2011.

Interview

1st round phone interview, 2nd round interview by two managers and one HR.
    The 1st round was financial knowledge checking, very easy
    2nd round, is conducted by hiring managers, and HR representative.
    There are some on-job cases and one financial reading, as well as network infrastructure.
    As long as you understand the business of Thomson Reuters, it would be very easy

Interview Questions

• 1. tell me about yourself
      2. why do you want to leave your current job
      3. how do you know about Thomson Reuters
      4. case study   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

There was a phone screen, followed by two in person interviews. The second interview was with 7 people and lasted 5 hours! You'd think they were interviewing for a rocket scientist! They were trying to make sure I was a good fit for their smaller team, so it makes sense.

Interview Questions

• Describe a technical, non-trivial system.   1 Answer

Oct 20, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and feedback of the interview process. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in June 2013.

Interview

The Boston office (Internal Recruiter) called Regarding the Eagan MN Opening. 4 in-person interviews, background check, drug test. The process took 3 months. Almost walked away due to stalls in the process. 1st Interview was group.. 2nd was group again, then 2 individual 1:1. The delays in between were uncomfortable. They did not contact me to explain delays either. I did let them know at one point, if this continues, I will withdraw from consideration. Original interview was phone screening.. next 3 In-person with team (2 group, 2 ind). All coordinated by a local HR Recruiter. It was the recruiter that I notified that I would not continue with delays as they were.

Interview Questions

• Experience with MRP, SAP, Strengths & weaknesses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They tried to walk backwards from their initial offer.