Thomson Reuters Interview Questions in Carrollton, TX | Glassdoor

2.7

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Carrollton, TX).

Interview

Had 3 rounds of interviews. 1 on the phone with a recruiter, 1 online webcam meeting with a Sr. HR manager, and then 1 in person with the Sr. HRM, Director of HR and VP of HR.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you handled a difficult situation in where you had to make a difficult decision. What was the outcome of your decision?   Answer Question

May 18, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters! Keep an eye out for an email with information about onboarding. If... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Carrollton, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Went over some technical questions with a manager and a developer. Also went over past work experiences . Pretty standard developer interview. The interviewers were very friendly, and worked out solutions with you.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between emit and broadcast in AngularJS?   Answer Question

Jul 13, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Carrollton, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

30 minutes with rep going over the process. Then another hour with Manager and team lead. A recruiter set this up. They wanted to understand my work in past. The question was "What do I bring to team". Pretty easy interview once I got there. They were very kind and professional. I had 3 interviews on the phone. I am at 6 weeks and no answer from the start of process. I was very qualified.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the team.   1 Answer

May 4, 2017 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We apologize that you have not received correspondence. Please email us at recruitingops@thomsonreuters.com with the... More

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Carrollton, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Initially met with the hiring manager before being introduced to the team (about 5 team members in total). Total interview time was about two hours.

HR DID NOT CALL BACK about the result of the interview nor to give feedback on what the team thought. I inquired several times and never got a call back from anyone. Extremely unprofessional and would never recommend other UX'ers I know to even consider working there because of that experience.

Interview Questions

• What's your Agile experience?
      How do you work independently and with a team?
      How do you handle conflicts with others?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Carrollton, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

HR screen call, Hiring Director videoconference, HR Director call, local VP live interview, Final feedback was given via phone by original HR recruiter/screener, and it was poorly conceived and delivered.

Interview Questions

• Centered on dynamic changing environment   1 Answer

Apr 23, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and review of the interview process. Please keep Thomson Reuters in mind for future roles that may align with your career.

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Carrollton, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Average interview process. First it was a one on one interview with basic questions and going over your resume. Then they had me mirror a representative and get a feel for what the job actually is. They would answer calls regarding the Tax software that they provide and help clients prepare the returns. Overall it was an easy process. I was told by the end that I had the job and that I had a week to get back with an answer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Mar 22, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary!

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Carrollton, TX).

Interview

There were 2 interviews. First there was a general interview with the department manager, and then a technical focused interview second with the technical team lead.After those the background check was ran and when that came back ok, an offer was made.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Apr 3, 2015 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your interest in Thomson Reuters and for your time, participation and review of the interview process. Welcome aboard!

PMO Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Carrollton, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Too long and with too many individuals. Wasted my time by not fully doing a thorough phone interview first. For some unknown reason they wanted an ex-developer to create and manage a PMO, which is ridiculous! Usually you look for a person with project/program management background to run a PMO, not a developer!!

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Sep 22, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your interest in Thomson Reuters along with your time, participation and review of your interview experience. Please keep Thomson Reuters in mind for future roles that may align with... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Carrollton, TX).

Interview

Two Interviews Total. One in person with the hiring manager and the team. The second interview was with the VP of the division. The team interview was more technical and the VP interview was more of a personality fit and normal strength/weaknesses type of interview. Process moved slowly because VP had just been promoted and was still in the process of moving.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about Thomson Reuters and what is your impression of us. Can you explain to me what Thomson Reuters does?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, offer was exactly what I wanted.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Carrollton, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Scheduled phone screen with enterprise architect and product development manager. Asked a lot of questions staring with "tell us about yourself". questions about skills in the resume. MS products knowledge a must. support answers with examples.

Interview Questions

• which language do you hate the most and why?   2 Answers