Thomson Reuters Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thomson Reuters Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY).

Interview

2*30 minutes back to back very nice interviewers but you need to understand what kind of people they are looking for. Communication which I don't think a key for long term development.

Interview Questions

• Why TR?
    Why MAP?
    What will you do in uncertain situations?
    What did you do when you were in leaning curve?
    What are priorities and challenges for TR?
    Where will you be in five years?
    Answer Question

Feb 24, 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job ... More

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY).

Interview

It took about 1-2 weeks till they replied and scheduled for an interview. I did not get the offer but my friend got to the 3rd interview round. The job seems to be like a phone call/ customer call for solution. Not remarkable.

Interview Questions

• explain how to solve a problem if the printer does not work   1 Answer

Sep 13, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Incredibly disorganized and unnecessarily elongated...

I applied to the company in the beginning of June, and heard back maybe a week after I applied. The recruiter set up a phone interview and asked basic behavioral questions. I didn't hear back for another two weeks, even though I emailed asking for an update. When I was finally scheduled for a panel interview, I went in and witnessed a lot of disorganization. The room for our interview wasn't booked, and we were hoping from place to place looking for a space. Furthermore, though it was supposed to be a panel interview, I only interviewed with one employee, and waited for the other employee to get our of her meeting. Eventually, she interviewed me, but talked more about herself than presenting me with any substantial questions; it came off as curt and disrespectful. I just felt a lot of disorganization from the company and was disappointed that a company with this much clout could have so many missing pieces behind closed doors.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Aug 16, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the ... More

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Brookfield, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a general behavioral interview where they spoke about my resume and projects I had listed in my resume. I had shown interest in 3 different roles and so different people from each of those teams interviewed me. It was a pretty relaxed interview. They asked a few OOPs related questions, but nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• It was a general behavioral interview where they spoke about the projects in my resume. They also asked a few OOPs related questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

Talked with them at a University Career Fair about software engineering internships. Gave them my resume, and was emailed a week later to do a phone screen. The interviewer was nice and easy to get along with, and I thought I did pretty well, but after about a week they declined to have me in to do an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Define and describe the difference between an interface and an abstract class.   Answer Question
    • What are some methods of the string class. (C++)   Answer Question

Dec 8, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your interest in Thomson Reuters along with your time, participation and feedback on your intern interview experience. Please keep Thomson Reuters in mind for future roles that may ... More

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

Everything was very straight-forward. Lots of "explain a time when...". The staff that I had interviewed with were new to the hiring process and had no desire to beat around the bush, which was refreshing.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Feb 9, 2016 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time and feedback on your intern interview experience. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Intern Interview

Interview

Pre-recorded webcam interview. Followed up by interview. Easy and quick. I don't know what to else about the interview process. It's simple and straightforward. No fuss at all. The whole process was probably 4-5 weeks.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Jul 16, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time and feedback on your interview experience. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I was an anonymous referral, didn't even give a name of the person who refereed me in the case I turn down the position. Honestly I didn't even interview, I was lead around the building and shown a Starbucks, I brought up some previous experience as we walked and talked about the company. I have 0 experience in finance although position is paid 2 month training then temp to hire after. not a bad gig but really low pay contract position with bad benefits. 12hr non negotiable, really min wage if you pay for benefits, but its free training and after training you can go to intuit or another firm and make 20hr with limited experience. I sat with someone doing phone support for about 20 minuets asked some questions got a overall feel for what I'd be doing. It was a good experience overall, manager was nice I could see myself working with him.

If you're offered and in school or just graduated take the offer regardless of pay, you cant beat paid training. Job period is only a few months, then you acquire knowledge about business taxes and a extremely popular tax software that just about every large firm uses. Half of the job is sitting in a classroom other half is on phone support.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experiences with taxes?   1 Answer

May 19, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and review of your contract interview experience. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Brookfield, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews, back to back to back. The interviews were interesting because you were interviewed by actual employees and not human resource team members. This allowed for many of the interviewers to give interns a good look at what they would be doing, and what real employees thought about the company, position, area of business unit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no opportunity to negotiate.

Aug 16, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have been with us since March 2015!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, with maybe a week in between. Recruiters were really nice and patient. The questions were mostly personality type ones, with only a few of technical nature. The personality type questions were pretty common ones: describe a project where you had to deal with a person you disliked; did you have any recent big presentation and how did it go; describe a project where you had to use your analytical skills; how did you deal with stress in a project that didn't go very well...