Thomson Reuters Compliance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thomson Reuters Compliance Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Compliance Attorney I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

I participated two rounds of interviews. The first round was a phone screening interview by a recruiter. The second round was a phone interview by a potential supervisor and a colleague. The supervisor conducted the interview. Following the second interview, there was a written assessment related to this position's day-to-day work.

Interview Questions

• The screening interview just confirmed some of my background.   Answer Question
    • The phone interview with the potential supervisor involved some standardized interview questions, most of which can be found online.   Answer Question

Thomson Reuters Response

Jul 8, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and review of your interview experience. Please keep Thomson Reuters in mind for future roles that may align with your career.

Global Compliance Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

I was referred internally. Everyone at the company was very welcoming and kind, and the hiring manager was very upfront with his expectations and his questions. He was also very interested in how my background related to the position, and allowed me to explain my unique career path. Knowledge of a foreign language is helpful.

Compliance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Thomson Reuters went out of their way to make me feel less stressed and nervous. They purposely avoided a 3:1 interview and instead held a series of 1:1. They employ a basic targeted behavioral process that is designed to reflect your ability through experience. Also you can occasionally be interviewed by people in the positions you may be working. In this case most of the questions are skills specific such as: can you model using excel? and etc...

Great office and views.

Interview Questions

• How many marbles does it take to fill a Boeing 747?   1 Answer

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Tulsa, OK) in May 2011.

Interview

There was a phone interview with two compliance attorney managers. The phone interview lasted approximately thirty minutes. After the phone interview I was notified, again by telephone, that an offer if employment was being extended. No second interview was required.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions - strengths and weaknesses, how you overcame a specific challenge, etc   Answer Question

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

I applied in February and got an email from a recruiter in March. The recruiter asked to schedule a convenient time to discuss the position and my experiences. We scheduled for the following day. I received a call on the day of, I was asked general questions about my past experiences. I was also asked if i knew about facebook's advertising and credits. She later asked about my salary expectations, I asked if she could provide me a range they were considering but all she said was that they were competitive( this kind of irritated me), however I stated a range I was comfortable with but would be open to negotiation. I then asked when I would be hearing back regarding an on site interview as I was scheduled to be out of the country in a two weeks. She told me two days.

Two days later I received a very generic "unfortunately...very qualified but....bs bs bs tough decision". I felt the interview went ok and at least should have been given the opportunity to interview with a person experienced in the field I am