Thomson Reuters Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor

Thomson Reuters Interview Questions in London, UK

Updated Mar 23, 2017

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with external consultant, phone interview then in person interview with three people, two in the room and one on video.

The large room had been used previously for a lunch meeting and there was food and dishes spread all over the table. Not very appealing.

The telephone interview person was there, so asked relatively few questions. Lots of general questions, nothing too spectacular.

The guy on video didn't like my answer to a question and it showed. When I tried to explain my answer in more detail, this didn't seem to go down well.

I was told in advance that they would be looking to interview me for a second role and this followed as a video interview afterwards. so I had a total of 90 minutes worth of interview.

Then every thing went very silent. Finally I heard negatively about the first role. I did eventually learn that they thought I would be too expensive for the second role and all my attempts to get them to put an offer to me failed.

Altogether a very unsatisfactory process and a very professional company made a very bad impression on me. Their use of external consultants may make things easier for them, but in this case the fact that I couldn't communicate directly with TR personnel was a real negative. The consultant also stopped communicating was a real turn off after what had been a professional approach.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Mar 22, 2017 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the team ... More

LondonProgram (Technology) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Process was pleasant enough. First you fill in your details, then do an online assessment (you get a candidate feedback report after that regardless of whether you're successful or not), after that a video interview.

Unfortunately I didn't progress much further than the video interview (done on HireVue) and they sure took their time in getting back to us!

Questions asked in the video interview were as

1. How do you make sure you always deliver great results on the tasks you are personally responsible for?
    2. Explain how you would feel if you had to completely rearrange your day to accommodate an important piece of work.
    3. Is applying what you have learned important to you?
    4. How will working within a large global organisation play to your strengths?
    5. How would you support your team?
    6. Imagine that you have spotted a process that isn’t working effectively. What would you do?
    7. In your opinion, what is the secret when communicating with colleagues and stakeholders with differing levels of seniority?
    8. What strategic factors do you think will impact Thomson Reuters’ success over the next 12 months?
    9. Can you describe a recent project or assignment which required you to apply your technological knowledge?
    10. Imagine that your manager has asked you to lead a five-minute presentation on new Technology. They provide you with a long list of resources to use in preparation. How would you make sure you include only the key information?
    11. Why are you interested in our Technology Summer Internship Programme?
    12. What do you feel you could bring to the Technology Summer Internship that sets you apart from other candidates?

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what is the secret when communicating with colleagues and stakeholders with differing levels of seniority?   Answer Question
    • Imagine that you have spotted a process that isn’t working effectively. What would you do?   Answer Question
    • How will working within a large global organisation play to your strengths?   Answer Question
    • How would you support your team?   Answer Question
    • Is applying what you have learned important to you?   Answer Question

Mar 9, 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job ... More

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Interview

The interview process included an initial discussion with the recruiter. Then I was ask to come in the corporate offices and met with the hiring manager who mostly asked competency based questions along with ones about my previous experience. The interview also included time for me to ask questions about the company. I subsequently received an offer.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Nov 16, 2016 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters! Keep an eye out for an email with information about onboarding. If you ... More

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I have had a few interviews in the process.
    The first one was with the recruiter in charge of the job. Pretty easy and straightforward.
    Then, I had a couple of interviews, in person, with people from the team: very kind and welcoming, they asked me quite a lot of questions about my current position and how I could fit the role. At the end of the third interview, I've had to take a couple of aptitude tests (quite difficult).
    The last interview was harder: in front of a panel of team members and the manager from the department, I was asked to give a presentation (topic of my choice). The choice of topic was of course not random, according to the recruiter, a previous candidate had failed at this stage of the process, as his chosen topic wasn't considered relevant enough to the role.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join TR?   1 Answer
    • How do you manage your time and your tasks?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to work on multiple projects at the same time, and are you capable of handling it?   Answer Question

Feb 16, 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Digital Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The face-to-face interview was pretty straight forward - the typical 'tell us about yourself' and 'how do you cope with heavy workload' questions. I had no issue with it at all, however when the person recruiting started sending me countless tasks to do, I was a bit stunned. If I'd have been asked to offer feedback or my opinion, fine, but this was too much that I hadn't been warned about in the interview. I did it anyway...but to add insult to injury, despite chasing several times and having spent quite a bit of money travelling to the office, no one ever actually gave me an outcome. Pretty poor treatment considering that this is such a huge, and generally well respected, company. I'd have expected better.

Interview Questions

• Why do want to work for Thomson Reuters?   Answer Question
    • How do cope with heavy workloads and how do you manage others' expectations of your time?   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

1. Met informally with the head of the marketing department
    2. Then had a 1st stage interview based upon competency questions, along with a copywriting question test
    3. Final 2nd stage interview with a short presentation on a marketing plan

Interview Questions

• They asked about experience with marketing automation
      Asked about experience with acquisition marketing, and various channels used
      Asked about experience to date, and how it'd be applicable to the role in question
      Answer Question

Mar 22, 2017 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that you had a negative experience and would like to learn more about why that was. If you would like to provide us with ... More

Software Engineer Intenship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online for an internship in London as a Software engineer/developer. Gave my C.V. and resume and was contacted a few weeks later by a person at their recruitment centre telling me that I was accepted for an interview. At the interview I was put in front of 3 people working in the industry and we talked. Everyone was acting casual, they were interested in me as a person and my skills and capabilities. The initial face to face interview seemed easy and the conversation was natural. After that I was given a written test. Some of the questions were easy programming questions, while other were more difficult programming or logic and mathematics based questions.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Aug 16, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Journalism Trainiee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Quite an intensive process that includes the initial application, phone interview, writing tests and final interview with a panel and a numerical and written test as well. The interviewers were very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Apr 19, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Business Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Online application of CV and cover letter, followed by online strengths assessment, video interview and assessment centre. The assessment centre consisted of group work, 1-1 competency interview, presentations and an exercise that focused on financial data analysis.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Mar 31, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Not a very good impression.

Started with a short telephone interview with a Thomson Reuters recruiter followed by instructions for a coding test that was done from home. A few days later Thomson Reuters recruiter setup a telephone interview with the development team for a specific date and time for which I took time off.
    Unfortunately no one ever called.

Interview Questions

• Coding test involved developing a black jack simulator between 1-6 players in Java.   Answer Question

Feb 26, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and would like to follow up directly with the recruiter ... More