Thomson Reuters Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 24, 2017

88 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Documentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online via TR webiste by submitting CV and filling in personal information
    Conducted phone interview with head of department
    Invited to face to face interview with head of department and software leads
    Interview based on CV

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Sep 14, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Marketer, Commentary Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was one stage with the marketing manager and director. Asked about my experience in marketing as well as the channel I've worked across, it was really relaxed so I was able to express myself effective with good examples

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions?

Talk us through your CV
      How would your manager describe you in 3 words
      What marketing channels do you see growing in the next 5 years
      What do you understand about Thomson Reuters
      What value do you think you can bring to the team
      How would you win over partners within the firm with your marketing strategy   Answer Question

Oct 2, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Went for an interview as I heard much about this company and the culture. Only one interviewer turned up out of the two. She started reading question from a sheet and writing as I answered. She was clearly inexperienced and had no idea what she was doing. She had 6 competency based questions and was reading them out one by one. The only additional conversation was about how she just got promoted. From a company this size you may expect a bit more experienced individuals at that level or you think if its worth it in the long run, apart from just a company name on a cv so you can progress in the future. Process clearly showed accepting a job under someone like that would not be beneficial in the long run. At minimum a company this size should look at what a person can bring rather than just leaving unprepared individuals to conduct interviews who clearly have no idea what they are doing. Sometimes its better not to go for a role when you can clearly see that you have more experience than the person recruiting you will not learn.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you made a mistake? How would you go on about it?   Answer Question

Sep 8, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with... More

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I had 3 interviews for 2 different roles and overall the experience was good. They were flexible with time, the 3rd interview was at 8am which worked perfectly for me. I am still waiting for an answer, and you know what? I will keep applying till I get a job there, I just think I fit with their culture. We went through my experience and few competency based questions.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Jun 8, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job... More

Technology Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a online programming challenge on Hackerrank and attending an assessment centre day at their office which consists of one group exercise and a two individual interviews.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Jun 28, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with external consultant, phone interview then in person interview with three people, two in the room and one on video.

The large room had been used previously for a lunch meeting and there was food and dishes spread all over the table. Not very appealing.

The telephone interview person was there, so asked relatively few questions. Lots of general questions, nothing too spectacular.

The guy on video didn't like my answer to a question and it showed. When I tried to explain my answer in more detail, this didn't seem to go down well.

I was told in advance that they would be looking to interview me for a second role and this followed as a video interview afterwards. so I had a total of 90 minutes worth of interview.

Then every thing went very silent. Finally I heard negatively about the first role. I did eventually learn that they thought I would be too expensive for the second role and all my attempts to get them to put an offer to me failed.

Altogether a very unsatisfactory process and a very professional company made a very bad impression on me. Their use of external consultants may make things easier for them, but in this case the fact that I couldn't communicate directly with TR personnel was a real negative. The consultant also stopped communicating was a real turn off after what had been a professional approach.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Mar 22, 2017 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the team... More

Graduate Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview Process was completed in an Assessment Center format. It involved 8 - 10 different challenges throughout the day. Be prepared for an 8am sharp to 5 or so finish. The tasks and challenges given to the 11 or so graduates at the event ranged from roleplay to presentations to one on one interviews. Some additional prior preparation was required by Thomson Reuters for some of the tasks.

Interview Questions

• How do spend your spare time?   1 Answer

Sep 8, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

LondonProgram (Technology) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Process was pleasant enough. First you fill in your details, then do an online assessment (you get a candidate feedback report after that regardless of whether you're successful or not), after that a video interview.

Unfortunately I didn't progress much further than the video interview (done on HireVue) and they sure took their time in getting back to us!

Questions asked in the video interview were as

1. How do you make sure you always deliver great results on the tasks you are personally responsible for?
    2. Explain how you would feel if you had to completely rearrange your day to accommodate an important piece of work.
    3. Is applying what you have learned important to you?
    4. How will working within a large global organisation play to your strengths?
    5. How would you support your team?
    6. Imagine that you have spotted a process that isn’t working effectively. What would you do?
    7. In your opinion, what is the secret when communicating with colleagues and stakeholders with differing levels of seniority?
    8. What strategic factors do you think will impact Thomson Reuters’ success over the next 12 months?
    9. Can you describe a recent project or assignment which required you to apply your technological knowledge?
    10. Imagine that your manager has asked you to lead a five-minute presentation on new Technology. They provide you with a long list of resources to use in preparation. How would you make sure you include only the key information?
    11. Why are you interested in our Technology Summer Internship Programme?
    12. What do you feel you could bring to the Technology Summer Internship that sets you apart from other candidates?

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what is the secret when communicating with colleagues and stakeholders with differing levels of seniority?   Answer Question
    • Imagine that you have spotted a process that isn’t working effectively. What would you do?   Answer Question
    • How will working within a large global organisation play to your strengths?   Answer Question
    • How would you support your team?   Answer Question
    • Is applying what you have learned important to you?   Answer Question

Mar 9, 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Interview

The interview process included an initial discussion with the recruiter. Then I was ask to come in the corporate offices and met with the hiring manager who mostly asked competency based questions along with ones about my previous experience. The interview also included time for me to ask questions about the company. I subsequently received an offer.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Nov 16, 2016 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters! Keep an eye out for an email with information about onboarding. If you... More

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I have had a few interviews in the process.
    The first one was with the recruiter in charge of the job. Pretty easy and straightforward.
    Then, I had a couple of interviews, in person, with people from the team: very kind and welcoming, they asked me quite a lot of questions about my current position and how I could fit the role. At the end of the third interview, I've had to take a couple of aptitude tests (quite difficult).
    The last interview was harder: in front of a panel of team members and the manager from the department, I was asked to give a presentation (topic of my choice). The choice of topic was of course not random, according to the recruiter, a previous candidate had failed at this stage of the process, as his chosen topic wasn't considered relevant enough to the role.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join TR?   1 Answer
    • How do you manage your time and your tasks?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to work on multiple projects at the same time, and are you capable of handling it?   Answer Question

Feb 16, 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist