Thomson Reuters Market Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thomson Reuters Market Analyst Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Three people interviewed me one at a time, the manager, a person on her team, and a co-op student. They were all very nice and gave me a run-down of what I would be doing if hired and their expectations of me.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Jun 21, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job ... More

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied to the role through their internal job site and was invited to an interview a few days after at Canary Wharf.

The first interview went well. I was introduced to the Head of the department and two other team members. They asked very straightforward questions which were a mix of competency (tell me about yourself, 3 strengths and a weakness ect) and technical (what did i know about the market I wanted to work with, what were the driving factors in the market at the moment, general knowledge about some companies in the market). The interview lasted an hour and it flew, the guys were a pleasure to talk to and made me feel extremely comfortable which helped ease me into the process.

Luckily, I was invited back for another interview around a week later. This time I met the Head of department and their boss. Again, both were extremely pleasant and made me feel very comfortable from the word go. The interview structure was much of the same, a mixture of competency and technical questions. This time I was given a spreadsheet of data and asked to find any trends and explain the trends, if I could. In hindsight, this was a fairly straightforward question. I had done my market research and knew the drivers for the supply and demand data presented to me. Although at the time I let the occasion get to me and lost myself in the numbers. I didn't quite answer the question as well as I'd have hoped.
    I was also given one "situational" question, "what would you do if..."

The interview lasted about an hour and a half and at the end of it I was set some "homework", they asked me to write a 500-600 word article on anything that interested me in the market at the moment and was due over the weekend.

I really enjoyed the process and writing the article, but unfortunately I wasn't offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

I applied through employee referral. A week later, I was asked to come in for a skills test. After passing the test, two managers interviewed me on the same day. After 2 weeks, I got a call from the HR to appear for an interview with Department head. One week later, I received the offer.

Interview Questions

• A lot of technical questions. Only a few behavioral. Since I was prepared, I answered most of them. Nothing too tricky though.   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

it was 30 min long and too much discussion about the process related thing and three round of interview it took 10 days it was thru consultancy so i got to know aftre 15 days.

Interview Questions

• there was no such question   1 Answer

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gdynia (Poland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Gdynia (Poland)) in March 2015.

Interview

45 min interview, two people asking, had many question, many practical questions. main focus on economy all the things related with the job, they were testing with a task they gave

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

May 5, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Market Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview process is easy. You need to have good communication skills and want to work for all the right reasons.

If you do not work well in a team then you probably stay away. Getting an interview is the tough part and takes a lot of to and fro with HR, so be prepared.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

I was currently working in the UK and was only available via phone interview. I had one interview with the team I had applied to work for and they were very efficient. There were two interviewers but one main lead. They asked competency questions but also more about me and my employment in general.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in marketing before? If so, what did you learn from your experience and how will you be able to utilize it at Thomson Reuters.   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gdynia (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Gdynia (Poland)) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process took only 1 wk probably because they didn't have many applicants (language requirements + location) or maybe none at all except me. The interview consisted of a conference call with HR and the area managers, mainly on CV experiences and required skills (excel, data entry). The interview was in english but they also tested my french. The day after they offered me the job and gave me a couple of days to decide whether to accept it or not.
    They were all very kind and didn't put any pressure on me. The conference call interview (there were 5 or 6 people asking questions) is a little bit unconfortable, though.

Interview Questions

• Are you confortable with data entry activities?   1 Answer

Salary too low.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2011.

Interview

Had a direct interview with the team leader after the HR round for the technical quantitative knowledge of the process and the nature of the work that the team carries.

Interview Questions

• It was quiet of market updates knowledge round of interview where your technical skill has been observed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

It was face to face interview with the hiring manager. I was contacted by consultancy and then was asked to come for an interview. It was a mass recruitment for the site for various teams. I was giving the interview of north Americas equities team. The interview went well and I got the call from HR early than expected,

Interview Questions

• attributes of balance sheets, major stock exchanges around the world, what percentage of equity and debt should a company have to finance its business   Answer Question