Thomson Reuters Market Analyst Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Thomson Reuters Market Analyst Interview Questions in United Kingdom

2.5

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied to the role through their internal job site and was invited to an interview a few days after at Canary Wharf.

The first interview went well. I was introduced to the Head of the department and two other team members. They asked very straightforward questions which were a mix of competency (tell me about yourself, 3 strengths and a weakness ect) and technical (what did i know about the market I wanted to work with, what were the driving factors in the market at the moment, general knowledge about some companies in the market). The interview lasted an hour and it flew, the guys were a pleasure to talk to and made me feel extremely comfortable which helped ease me into the process.

Luckily, I was invited back for another interview around a week later. This time I met the Head of department and their boss. Again, both were extremely pleasant and made me feel very comfortable from the word go. The interview structure was much of the same, a mixture of competency and technical questions. This time I was given a spreadsheet of data and asked to find any trends and explain the trends, if I could. In hindsight, this was a fairly straightforward question. I had done my market research and knew the drivers for the supply and demand data presented to me. Although at the time I let the occasion get to me and lost myself in the numbers. I didn't quite answer the question as well as I'd have hoped.
I was also given one "situational" question, "what would you do if..."

The interview lasted about an hour and a half and at the end of it I was set some "homework", they asked me to write a 500-600 word article on anything that interested me in the market at the moment and was due over the weekend.

I really enjoyed the process and writing the article, but unfortunately I wasn't offered the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

I was currently working in the UK and was only available via phone interview. I had one interview with the team I had applied to work for and they were very efficient. There were two interviewers but one main lead. They asked competency questions but also more about me and my employment in general.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in marketing before? If so, what did you learn from your experience and how will you be able to utilize it at Thomson Reuters.   Answer Question