Thomson Reuters Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 4, 2017

3.1

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

TR uses the new pre-recorded video interview process for screening through Hirevue. The questions are recorded and played by video; your response is then recorded (1-take only). If successful, you'll be invited onsite for more interviews. Here's some insight on what to expect. I'd also add, lighting and setup is important - take advantage of the practice questions to get this right as well.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Mar 22, 2017 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters! Keep an eye out for an email with information about onboarding. If you... More

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Richfield, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and convinced that I would be a good fit for the company. I took the time to go to two interviews with 5 people during which I was told they "loved" my answers and was one of two candidates for the position but they "couldn't imagine" anyone being more qualified. I explicitly asked how long it would be to hear a response either way and was told one week. During that time, I was obviously expecting an offer and didn't even receive a call/email back. I also called the recruiter (no answer or call back -big surprise). I found it incredibly rude and inconsiderate for them to recruit someone who hadn't even applied for the position to take days off their current job to attend two interviews then not have the decency to even call back. Although everyone was very nice, they created an unrealistic expectation that I would be hired unlike any other employer I have interviewed at.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Apr 10, 2017 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the team... More

Marketing Interview

Interview

2 phone interviews then a video interview then another phone interview and finally an in-person interview. Didn't hear back for 2 months. Received an automated email saying I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Feb 3, 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Hoboken, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

A brief phone interview with a Manager in the Marketing Department. I was asked questions ranging from my skills to knowledge of different softwares. I was then asked for my availability and what I wanted to get out of the position. I was then thanked for my application, and told I would be gotten back to. However, I was never replied to.

Interview Questions

• What is something you hope to get out of this position?   Answer Question

Jan 18, 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN).

Interview

I had a phone interview with the Marketing Manager, with a bunch of behavioral questions. She also asked about my experience with excel, numbers and analysis programs. I was asked within an hour after the phone interview to come in the following day at the Eagan Campus. The Marketing manager greeted me the following day and lead me to the Senior Director of Strategy. He interviewed me for 45 mins and then gave me 2 case studies. After him, I was taken to a Senior Marketing Analyst for a next interview. (Also 45 mins). I ended the day with a 3rd interview with teh Marketing Manager,

I found out I got the job 4 days after. (They said they were interviewing a few other candidates over the next couple of days) I didn't get the paper offer until 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How many apples did Supermarkets sell in Minnesota last year?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Jul 8, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and feedback on the interview process. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Marketer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview with HR. I was then invited to come in and meet for 60mins with the hiring manager. The hiring manager then invited me to return and meet with three more people on her team individually for 30mins each. Following that, I had a phone interview with the team's director. The entire process lasted about three weeks.

After the phone interview with the director, HR called me a few hours later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interviews were conversational, asking me about my work experience. The most memorable questions was "tell me about a goal that you recently achieved."   Answer Question

Negotiation

When HR called to offer me the position, they told me the salary offer which I negotiated for a higher salary offer. I told HR how much I expected to make, they told me they had to check to see what they could do, and they called me back a few hours later with a higher salary offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

5 interviews over 2 months only to find out I did not get the job the day after I was supposed to hear back....by seeing the position listed on Indeed again. What a waste of time and energy. Thanks for jerking me around. I expected more.

Interview Questions

• There werent any. The same 5 people asked the same questions.   Answer Question

Marketer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fairly quick - 6 weeks. I meet with 3 people in the work group, including the manager and her manager. The job duties were not shown to me, even though they have them written out and were not discussed so the I was not clear on what the job entailed. Shame on me for not asking better questions; shame on them for not clearly outlining the job duties. The job turned out to not be a good fit and I wish they had been more clear during the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with HR was followed by 2 interviews, one with hiring manager and one with peer manager and senior level management. Situational questions, pretty standard questions focusing on your resume, strengths, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated a bit higher salary but pretty difficult to negotiate much more than that.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2009.

Interview

Initial interview with VP of business segment, and facilitated by Senior HR Manager. Second round with the Head of business segment for the Asia Pacific. Third, panel interview with country heads from India, China and Japan. Fourth round with Global Head of Marketing. Assessment on functional skills, management styles, strategy formulation, teamwork/rapport building with different stakeholders.

Interview Questions

• Describe one of the biggest failure you had in marketing and lessons learnt.   Answer Question