Thomson Reuters Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 5, 2017

2.5

Director Global Payroll Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was long and unorganized. I had 4 phone interviews and then had 4 in person interviews. A total waste of time. I was an out of state candidate so they flew me out to the PA office. The interview with the 4 executive was made to seem promising. After about 5 hours of interviewing the really made it seem like the position was mines. I was told that a decision would be made quickly... Three weeks later I was told that they offered a LOCAL candidate the position. The recruiters are unprofessional and there is a lot of confusion.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Jan 5, 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with ... More

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Three people interviewed me one at a time, the manager, a person on her team, and a co-op student. They were all very nice and gave me a run-down of what I would be doing if hired and their expectations of me.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Jun 21, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job ... More

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

More of them are behavior questions. I interview by one manager one VP one team member, went through experience and resume. Excel skills will be a plus. Hyperion and SAP will be a must.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Dec 15, 2016 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth, but had different parts. I was first led to the local manager's place to go through my resume, and then she let me go into a virtual conference room to talk to the main manager who was located abroad. But luckily all communications were smooth.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to learn from this job, and what are the skillsets that you have?   Answer Question

Feb 9, 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

5 interviews over 2 months only to find out I did not get the job the day after I was supposed to hear back....by seeing the position listed on Indeed again. What a waste of time and energy. Thanks for jerking me around. I expected more.

Interview Questions

• There werent any. The same 5 people asked the same questions.   Answer Question

Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

Phone screened by the recruiter, followed by two phone interviews with a manager and director leading to an in-person presentation interview with various members of the management team.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected aspect of this interview was that the hiring team didn't fundamentally understand the position in which they were hiring for. Therefore, they didn't understand certain aspects about what was being explained. Very disconcerting...this product will
      ultimately fail.
      Answer Question

This unfinished product will ultimately fail against strong competition in the marketplace.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I interviewed for a recruiting coordinator position in their Philadelphia office. I had a phone screening first followed by an in-person interview. The phone screening was the typical questions, employment history, why are you interested in the position, etc. At the end of the phone screening, she stated that I would be contacted to schedule a in-person interview. Later that day, I received a personalized email from my interviewer attempting to schedule the in-person interview and I responded confirming my availability for the date requested. A few hours later, I received a generic email stating that I was not selected for an in-person interview. Obviously confused, I emailed my interviewer and asked if the generic email was sent in error since she had already scheduled my in-person interview. She never responded. I thought that was very unprofessional considering I was beyond qualified for the position and a simple "yes" you are still invited to the in-person interview or "no" you are not would have been sufficient.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were expected questions. Nothing was out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Director PMO Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very simple: first screening via phone, 2 rounds of 1:1 and then offer and negotiation. The entire process took about 4 weeks from first call to end; simple, easy and straightforward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy and straightforward

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

The Thomson Reuters interview is the most exhaustive, thorough, long, drawn out process that I've ever experienced. I applied for the job in late August 2010 and was finally made an offer in June of 2011. In addition to scheduling issues with management who were involved in the decision making process, there were "repeat" interviews with a couple of individuals. All in all, the process required many more interviews than at comparable companies and this was very frustrating and stressful.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the biggest challenge in the job that you're applying for?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was no negotiation

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2009.

Interview

Went quickly and efficiently but was looking at an HR role! Was kept updated as i would have expected...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The recruiter acted as the "middle man" for thsis. Worked well

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Thomson Reuters Director Global Payroll Operations Interview Philadelphia, PA Standard unprofessional question
Thomson Reuters Market Analyst Interview Philadelphia, PA Why Thomson Reuters?
Thomson Reuters Financial Analyst Interview Philadelphia, PA Why TR?
Thomson Reuters Marketing Coordinator Interview Philadelphia, PA What do you expect to learn from this job, and what are the skillsets that you have?
Thomson Reuters Marketing Interview Philadelphia, PA There werent any. The same 5 people asked the same questions.
Thomson Reuters Solution Specialist Interview Philadelphia, PA The most unexpected aspect of this interview was that the hiring team didn't fundamentally understand the position in which they were hiring for. Therefore, they didn't understand certain aspects about what was being explained. Very disconcerting...this product will ultimately fail.
Thomson Reuters Recruiting Coordinator Interview Philadelphia, PA Most of the questions were expected questions. Nothing was out of the ordinary.
Thomson Reuters Director PMO Interview Philadelphia, PA Easy questions
Thomson Reuters Director Interview Philadelphia, PA What do you think will be the biggest challenge in the job that you're applying for?
Thomson Reuters Human Resources Interview Philadelphia, PA Walk me thru your resume