Thomson Reuters Programming Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Programming Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2011.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard and predictable. 3 1/2 1-on-1 interviews. Each interview was for a specific position that they were hiring for. For the programming interview, there was a surprising lack of technical questions. Interviewer mostly wanted to get a feel for the interviewees interests, strengths, experiences, personality traits, etc. This is due to the fact that the job was for COBOL programming which they don't expect prior knowledge of.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take to determine how many golf balls you could fit in an airplane?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wages are fixed to year in school, office was pretty lenient in terms of allowing days off in advance. Other than that, no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Programming Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in January 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview by a manager. She was very nice, and the phone interview was actually enjoyable...we just talked about my experiences and curriculum. No technical questions there. She told me she would reach out and let me know if I was to move onto the next phase in the process within a few days.

A few days later, she emailed me saying that they'd like to bring me on-site to job shadow and interview. I had an interview with another manager in the department, mostly behavioral questions. Then I had a technical interview/whiteboard session with two of the senior developers...they were very manageable, if you've taken your data structures and algorithms/complexity classes you'll be fine.

They contacted me a week later with the offer.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a functional and object-oriented language?   1 Answer
    • If you populated a binary tree with a sorted array, what structure would you possess?   2 Answers
    • passing by value/reference/pointer parameters, memory leaks, difference between abstract/interface, the purpose of virtual in C++, hashing   Answer Question