Thomson Reuters Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

2.9

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was quick and I was accepted into the second round of in-person interviews. I got a call the night before letting me know it was cancelled due to a hiring freeze. I reapplied, like the recruiter suggested, as soon as the position opened and haven't heard anything for months. I have even contacted the recruiter twice to check in and absolutely nothing...

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Apr 28, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the... More

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen, then in house with 5 people. Asked a lot of negative questions during the in house interviews, some of the interviewers did not seem prepared, and was late to the interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what are your salary requirements   Answer Question

Mar 4, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations. If you would like to provide us with additional details... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Detroit, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through the company career site and was contacted for a phone interview. The interview took approximately 30 minutes and was conducted by a recruiter over the phone. I also had an employee referral so that helped. I found out about the opportunity a few weeks after it was posted so I was a bit too late because it sounded like they had already made a decision on another candidate. The recruiter was very good and said they definitely wanted me to apply again for similar positions and hoped to place me soon. The questions were thorough and focused on my background as well as what they were looking for specifically for the current posting.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my background and then asked to explain a challenge I overcame in my previous position. Talked about what the next steps if I were to proceed with the process would be. Pretty standard interview-type questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

5 interviews, all the way up to Senior management. Useful questions, a variety of managers, project managers and engineers helped with the interviews. 5 interviews, all the way up to Senior management. Useful questions, a variety of managers, project managers and engineers helped with the interviews. 5 interviews, all the way up to Senior management. Useful questions, a variety of managers, project managers and engineers helped with the interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle escalated projects that are on the verge of failing and the customers are unhappy?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward, initial phone screen followed by a round of in-person interviews. Getting to the in-person interviews took longer than expected as the manager or director was on vacation, but the HR recruiter was great about keeping in contact to let me know I was still being considered. The on-site interviews took a full day - I met with all the managers on the team and then each of the people on the team as well.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected was asked, basically the standard "tell me about a time you faced this situation" kind of questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

The interview process was arranged through a service provider at india office on a weekend. Was taken by surprise when I landed in formal attire while the interview was dressed in casual attire. Well the post being manager level didn't expect it. The interview was pretty. Normal was probed on my IT career details and challenges resolved in managing an assignment.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a change. Are you redundant work force.   1 Answer

May 4, 2017 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to learn more about your experience... More

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in November 2015.

Interview

It was bumpy and not completely transparent. Things were said that didn't come true, for instance home working was mentioned as a benefit but they would then not allow it.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions:
      - Why was I leaving my previos job?
      - Which was my biggest failure?
      - Which was my largest mistake?
      - How did I manage a stressful situation?   Answer Question

May 4, 2017 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Good questions based on previous experiences, was asked to provide examples of how I would handle hypothetical situations. It is good to know material from PMBOK and even better to have the PMP certification although it is not a necessary requirement.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fine. Not much room for negotiation in internal postings

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

1) CV submission attached to LinkedIn profile
    2) 30 minute telephone interview with recruiter (very informal, just a review of CV, projects delivered and current situation)
    3) One hour interview with prospective Programme Manager (again very informal chat, ran through CV, answered various questions, elaborated further on my CV, opportunity for questions at the end)
    4) Final interview with Head of Programmes/Platforms (similar to step 3, again very informal)

Interview Questions

• 1) Describe your understanding of the terms 'waterfall' and 'agile'
      2) Describe how you manage 'change control'
      3) Describe how involved you are in regards to budget management
      4) Tell me about a project you have delivered end to end and what your role was
      5) Tell me about a project that didn't go so well and what you did to rectify the project   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

3 stage process. Final interview was 1 hour presentation which required several days preparation.

Interview Questions

• Essentially hiring manager asking 'how would you do my job differently?' although not quite framed as directly.   Answer Question