Thomson Reuters Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 3, 2017

2.5

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2016.

Interview

Received an email about a phone interview about two and a half weeks after I submitted my application, and the interview was two days later. During the interview, the interviewer spoke mostly about the research team and the position they were trying to fill. I was asked to clarify my programming skills, my background knowledge for the position, and my availability. No specific technical questions were asked during the call. Got an email about a week later saying that I was not selected for a second interview.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Jul 13, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job... More

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied to the job during Christmas holidays so i didn't hear back 2 weeks later. Had a phone interview where i was asked my basic knowledge and skill set. Scheduled a in person interview a week later. Super laid back and chill, the hiring manager literally only asked to clarify some things on my resume. And spent the rest of the interview just describing the company and job. Got the offer 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Only asked about legal experience and to explain some things on my resume. No direct questions.   Answer Question
    • If i knew Westlaw   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online. You will only be contacted if you passed the IQ test. first interview is panel from hr. then the second interview is with your immediate manager if ever you're accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Washington, DC) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online, the HR Rep contacted me asking when I could do an interview. They also noted that there is no relocation funds available. I did about 4 different phone interviews (Over the span of about a month) where they asked a lot of questions about past experiences, what I could bring to the TR team, and how I deal with clients. First was with the HR Rep, next was with the Hiring Manager, then the Hiring Manager again with her Boss, and finally I finished by interviewing with long time team member. Most of the questions were straight forward and fairly easy if you have your resume sitting in front of you (Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult client, how did it go? Did you learn anything from it?). The HR Rep, Hiring Manager, and other staff members were extremely nice but the whole process took a very long time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Cambridge, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

Two questions. First, the absurdly general: "Tell me about yourself." Then, the absurdly specific: "Have you used VLookup in Excel?" (No, not at that time.) He ended the interview. I taught myself VLookup in under an hour the next month. Their loss!

This was a phone interview for an entry-level health analyst role.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

There were two round in selection process. Both round was same day.
    1st round was written test to check English grammer and summerization skill in english, general knowledge and logical reasoning question. Current affair question. List three financial scam in india.
    2nd round was personal face to face interview.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Aug 31, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview was on 23rd August 2017. It was a Walk In ! About 1k People Turned Up at the Venue.
    Since I went Early I Took Up the 1st Round of Written Test. There was Confusion in announcing the Results. The Company is an MNC But it is really sad to see them conduct Interviews in such a Horrible Manner. Had To run around from pillar to Post as Every HR I spoke to at the Venue asked me to Wait in a different room,different block for the results of the First Round. This Happened with Everyone..There was no particular Place where the results were Announced.
    FINALLY..After about an hour,after running around the company for about an hour..Requested one HR to please check if I cleared the 1st round and YES I did.
    It was next the 2nd round(Technical+HR).Things did not Get better..My Technical Round was Scheduled at 2.30 in a particular Block. When I turned up 10mins Before the scheduled Time was Shocked to see that the Company does not even have chairs to accomodate students to sit and wait for their Turn. I stood Outside the Entrance of the Office(Inside the block,Outside the office space) for about 2hrs waiting for my Turn..Everybody was standing there with me waiting for their Turn. They did not have any seating arrangement..not even 10 chairs .Finally After 2hrs went Inside the Company and gave my Interview.FINALLY!! The HR asked me to leave for the day,same is the case with everyone..all were asked to leave and they will mail us the Results. Till Date,3rd September NOBODY has received the Results and this is what I also expected from this Company.
    One more SHOCKING Fact about the Interview was that I noticed the HR(The lady calling out names for my turn in the 2nd round) speaking to the person conducting the Face to Face Interview before few SELECTED Candidates(REFERRED Candidates) took the 2nd Interview. Before the Candidate went inside for the Interview I heard the HR or the person calling out our names for the 2nd round speaking to the once conducting Interview about their OWN REFERRED Candidates. Is this the way You conduct Interviews?? I also saw a person taking up the 1st Round in the Pantry! YES ! U heard that right. After the First Round i went to sip a cup of coffee and saw a REFERRED CANDIDATE Take up the first round in the Pantry with his/her Friends in the company.They were all helping him/her and giving out the Answers.
    After all the HARD WORK, The Results are not yet announced ! It was a complete Mess right from the way Interview was conducted to the Part where the Interview was not Conducted Transparently. We are Job seekers,not Job Beggers! I have a better Job now and I am happy to work with an Organization that Respects Everybody who Visits their Office..Be it Employees or For an Interview. Will Never Ever Recommend TR To anyone.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Sep 8, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to learn more about your experience... More

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Mumbai (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

The position I was applying for was Research Analyst. I applied through my college and got shortlisted for the interview process. The interview was taken by 3 interviewers with questions involving both technical and GK.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Internship experience
      What is money laundering?
      Questions to judge GK
      Name any regulatory bodies   Answer Question

May 25, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

The hiring process took about 2 weeks. There was a test which had 2 articles which needed to be summarized focusng on the derogatory information and simple grammar. After shortlisting, they call you within 4 days for an interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about myself, my projects, some terms such as money laundering, tax havens, etc. Simple questions.   Answer Question

Jan 18, 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Mumbai (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

First round no interview only written test which includes , 2 passages and english test. In english test you have fill in the blanks , sentences given to rewrite and adverbs , they will call you if you have passed the test.

Dec 28, 2016 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist