Thomson Reuters Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.6

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in May 2016.

Interview

Received an email about a phone interview about two and a half weeks after I submitted my application, and the interview was two days later. During the interview, the interviewer spoke mostly about the research team and the position they were trying to fill. I was asked to clarify my programming skills, my background knowledge for the position, and my availability. No specific technical questions were asked during the call. Got an email about a week later saying that I was not selected for a second interview.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Jul 13, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job... More

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied to the job during Christmas holidays so i didn't hear back 2 weeks later. Had a phone interview where i was asked my basic knowledge and skill set. Scheduled a in person interview a week later. Super laid back and chill, the hiring manager literally only asked to clarify some things on my resume. And spent the rest of the interview just describing the company and job. Got the offer 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Only asked about legal experience and to explain some things on my resume. No direct questions.   Answer Question
    • If i knew Westlaw   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied online. You will only be contacted if you passed the IQ test. first interview is panel from hr. then the second interview is with your immediate manager if ever you're accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Washington, DC) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online, the HR Rep contacted me asking when I could do an interview. They also noted that there is no relocation funds available. I did about 4 different phone interviews (Over the span of about a month) where they asked a lot of questions about past experiences, what I could bring to the TR team, and how I deal with clients. First was with the HR Rep, next was with the Hiring Manager, then the Hiring Manager again with her Boss, and finally I finished by interviewing with long time team member. Most of the questions were straight forward and fairly easy if you have your resume sitting in front of you (Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult client, how did it go? Did you learn anything from it?). The HR Rep, Hiring Manager, and other staff members were extremely nice but the whole process took a very long time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Cambridge, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

Two questions. First, the absurdly general: "Tell me about yourself." Then, the absurdly specific: "Have you used VLookup in Excel?" (No, not at that time.) He ended the interview. I taught myself VLookup in under an hour the next month. Their loss!

This was a phone interview for an entry-level health analyst role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Mumbai (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

The position I was applying for was Research Analyst. I applied through my college and got shortlisted for the interview process. The interview was taken by 3 interviewers with questions involving both technical and GK.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Internship experience
      What is money laundering?
      Questions to judge GK
      Name any regulatory bodies   Answer Question

May 25, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

The hiring process took about 2 weeks. There was a test which had 2 articles which needed to be summarized focusng on the derogatory information and simple grammar. After shortlisting, they call you within 4 days for an interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about myself, my projects, some terms such as money laundering, tax havens, etc. Simple questions.   Answer Question

Jan 18, 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Mumbai (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

First round no interview only written test which includes , 2 passages and english test. In english test you have fill in the blanks , sentences given to rewrite and adverbs , they will call you if you have passed the test.

Dec 28, 2016 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Mumbai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Went in walkin thru other source.
    First Round-
    They gave me piece of paper included two passage which we have to summarized and write, Adverbs, sentence to be read and rewrite in short.

Waiting for second round

Dec 15, 2016 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

First there was a written test which checks your english language and summarization skills. I f selected there is a personal interview round after that. The process took more than two weeks

Interview Questions

• Questions related to money laundering and any recent cases on it were asked.   Answer Question