Thomson Reuters Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thomson Reuters Sales Interview Questions

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter reached out to set up phone interview with Manager. Basic questions about resume and experience. Why you wanted role and why you would be a fit. After call was told would follow up about possibly moving forward, but no communication since conversation 2 months ago. At least have the courtesy to let applicants know when they aren't selected instead of just radio silence.

Interview Questions

• Describe sales process?
    Why did you leave last employer?
    What you know about Thomson Reuters?
    Basic background and experience questions.   Answer Question

Thomson Reuters Response

Aug 16, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the... More

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

First there is a phone interview that asks basic questions like why do you want to work here. Then if you pass that move onto the in person interview.Thomson Reuters uses the STAR interview method. Situation,task, Action, Result which I did ok with until the last question that was totally out of left field and I bombed it. Now I can't remember what the question was. The company moves really fast, I applied and interviewed within a week

Anonymous Employee in Dexter, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Dexter, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

Unless recruited by the intern manager from the schools she visits, it's tough to get on her radar. However, if you do, be persistent and make sure she knows you're willing and available. Once you get the interview, understand that, by nature, she is very casual and friendly, but don't let that trick you-be certain to maintain a professional demeanor (i did not). You will review a shift with a former intern for a good hour or so, then interview with the intern manager for about another hour. The interview will cover a range of questions, including behavioral and situation questions as well as a few career-oriented one. Be sure to come with a notepad, and be prepared to ask intelligent, relevant questions when prompted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

interns don't have leverage

Sales Interview

Interview

Informal, over coffee. The whole process took 3 weeks. Submission was sent directly to the hiring manager, no HR personnel involved in the process. Questions asked ranged from competency questions like client meeting scenarios and financial technical questions like understanding financial instruments and hedging tools.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Mar 31, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters! Keep an eye out for an email with information about onboarding. If you... More

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call around two weeks later for telephone interview appointment. The interviewer was very friendly and gave feedback after telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• Provide a situation where you successfully persuaded someone.   Answer Question
    • How much do you know about the products of Thomson Reuters?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

Went through 5 interviews over 2 sessions. Questions mostly about experience and sales performance.

Interview Questions

• Please explain the DCF model   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in July 2011.

Interview

Took long to get an answer on my application, but then I got a call to meet.
    Interview was done with the department head and HR could not attend as of time constraints. interview took a good hour. Usual questions like "please explain your career so far", "why do you want the job" etc.
    At the end a quick role play on how you would start the selling process for a specific proiduct.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very quick. got an offer, asked for a few changes and done.