Thomson Reuters Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 11, 2017

2.6

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR Recruiter, then in person with team lead and manager. All interviews were exactly 30 minutes. First half of interview with each individual included a brief overview of the company, from each person's perspective. I was asked some questions and to review my qualifications, but pretty straight forward and no "test" type questions.

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager asked, at the end, why should I hire you. I appreciated that over "tell me your strengths and weaknesses," which gets old.   Answer Question

Jun 15, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you decided to join us!

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2016.

Interview

Pre-screening telephone call by HR representative. Asked a series of ten or so standard questions then reviewed the next steps in the interview process. The total interview took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Jun 13, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

One-on-one process with Finance Mgr, as well as 2nd round with Director in the office. Questions centered around experience, what you've done in your last couple of roles, as well as where you see yourself in 5 years. A lot of Q&A.

In the end, the managers had internal candidates in mind, so I felt like the interview was more or less a formal nicety than a real opportunity for advancement.

Interview Questions

• Core competencies, experiences, as well as your angle to problem-solving and working with large data sets.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth with HR in scheduling time for interviews. I had three initial interviews with the hiring manager, another manager in the department, and the department vice president. I then had three additional follow-up interviews with two marketing managers and a senior vice president of the department.

The delayed response for feedback/follow-up and an offer was a little frustrating. However, overall, I would rate the experience as very positive.

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to transition from an accounting background to finance and communicate with business partners.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Eagan, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

The recruiter I worked with did a very good job recommending jobs for me. Initially I only applied for one, but ended up interviewing for 4 different ones. I had plenty of options and liked that they were working to help me. I did end up coming in here 4 different times- which was a hassle, but well worth it.

Interview Questions

• What is your 3 year plan? (I wasn't sure how to answer that...there is little someone can do at a new company in 3 years other than learn the business and build your network)   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me my salary, I tried to negotiate and they said no- take it or leave it. Maybe they decide up front to offer as much as possible, but I was a bit taken back by the fact that they wouldn't negotiate. I always thought that was general practice.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I had 3 interviews for 2 different roles and overall the experience was good. They were flexible with time, the 3rd interview was at 8am which worked perfectly for me. I am still waiting for an answer, and you know what? I will keep applying till I get a job there, I just think I fit with their culture. We went through my experience and few competency based questions.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Jun 8, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Very good process overall. Clear communication mfrom the start regarding the interview process. I would like to check about how some processes ( eg business cases) work in practise in the company and what exactly you will be doing since that can be different from expected.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

May 18, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters! You can direct any questions you have to your recruiter and/or... More

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was telephonic. They asked questions related to tools and skills that I posses. No finance based questions at all. Another set of questions were upon my previous employement

Interview Questions

• How good are you at SQL/ PLSQL, Macros, SAP, Business Intelligence?   1 Answer

Mar 16, 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters!