Thomson Reuters Senior Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thomson Reuters Senior Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

Anonymous Employee in North Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (North Quincy, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Process was rapid by comparison to other experiences, 6 weeks total. Telephone Screen / Telephone Interview with Hiring Manager / In Person interview with Hiring Manager + Management / Final In Person interview with Sr. Management team.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Thorough investigation of professional experiences and skill set.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Expect the salary question in the phone screen. Expect offer to be within the guidance provided at the phone screen.

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in July 2014.

Interview

One phone interview with recruiter and one phone interview with hiring manager. I felt both phone interviews went well. Nothing difficult. Talked mostly about my experiences. Both recruiter and interviewer were pleasant and friendly. I felt I was an exact match for the role considering I fulfilled all the job requirements and qualifications, so I was extremely disappointed when the next day I got the generic "I regret to inform you..." email. It would have been courteous of the recruiter to call or email me directly to provide me with some feedback. Not sure what to think went wrong here.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

I found that the interview scheduling was a bit haphazard. I was called in for a face to face, then had a phone interview, and then called back in for another interview - which was to be my second to last. But before my last interview I was asked to come in for one more. Ultimately after I finished my last interview I met with another hiring manager for a completely different job and since that requirement was more urgent than the job I was originally interviewing for - I was gently but surely told that the company's preference would be to fulfill the second role. All the people I interviewed with very obviously very busy - but still very approachable, answered all my questions and made me feel very comfortable. The interviews were really conversations where after reviewing my qualifications the focus was on discussing the job at hand, the expectations/responsibilities and fit.

Interview Questions

• What was my requirement for the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate but not for much more. I was offered the minimum I had stated in my resume and when I asked for the higher end was offered 25% of the difference.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with external consultant, phone interview then in person interview with three people, two in the room and one on video.

The large room had been used previously for a lunch meeting and there was food and dishes spread all over the table. Not very appealing.

The telephone interview person was there, so asked relatively few questions. Lots of general questions, nothing too spectacular.

The guy on video didn't like my answer to a question and it showed. When I tried to explain my answer in more detail, this didn't seem to go down well.

I was told in advance that they would be looking to interview me for a second role and this followed as a video interview afterwards. so I had a total of 90 minutes worth of interview.

Then every thing went very silent. Finally I heard negatively about the first role. I did eventually learn that they thought I would be too expensive for the second role and all my attempts to get them to put an offer to me failed.

Altogether a very unsatisfactory process and a very professional company made a very bad impression on me. Their use of external consultants may make things easier for them, but in this case the fact that I couldn't communicate directly with TR personnel was a real negative. The consultant also stopped communicating was a real turn off after what had been a professional approach.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Mar 22, 2017 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the team ... More

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in February 2010.

Interview

spoke with several members of the team I would be working with

Interview Questions

• shown several screenshots and asked to give ways to improve upon them   1 Answer

Negotiation

Compensation was a fixed rate