Thomson Reuters Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

3.2

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Carrollton, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Went over some technical questions with a manager and a developer. Also went over past work experiences . Pretty standard developer interview. The interviewers were very friendly, and worked out solutions with you.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between emit and broadcast in AngularJS?   Answer Question

Jul 13, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join Thomson Reuters!

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

You have to apply for the position online and if short listed the recruiter would do a phone screen and if satisfied would call for on site technical interview. You can apply for multiple positions and finish all technical interviews onsite in one day. Then if selected recruiter would call you back and provide you offer if you are selected.

Interview Questions

• Questions from Object Oriented programming, experiences from previous projects.   Answer Question

Dec 15, 2016 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters! Keep an eye out for an email with information about onboarding. If you... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Self introduction in English about 5 minutes. Several questions about expierence in college. Basic knowledge on c++ and data structure, one coding problem, need to write in write board.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Dec 8, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and review of the interview process. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Lake Oswego, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

2 Rounds of Interview. 1st Round telephonic and 2nd Round in Person interview in Thomson Reuters at Lake Oswego(Oregon). In- Person interview happened for whole day with 3 rounds of interview. 1st round with 2 people in a technical panel and 2nd round with 3 people with both technical and process question.

Interview Questions

• 1.Design a Chess Game. Give an architectural implementation on how you will build a chess game
      2. Swap 2 numbers
      3. Deep and Swallow Copy.
      4. Interface and Abstract class difference and where to use what
      5. General Questions regarding Hibernate( First Level Cache, Second Level Cache)
      6. Spring Basics Interview questions
      7. Fibonacci Series   Answer Question

Sep 22, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview. It was supposed to be from the Technical Manager but apparently he was busy and some one from the team called. They did not even introduce themselves properly and started asking questions right away. Started asking about why I applied this job/my strengths. Felt like a company who does not value or take time to interview right people. Jumped into technical questions and was rushing to complete the interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Send a resume and waiting them to call. There are 2-5 peoples in interview.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview was with multiple people, managers and developers. Only one visit required.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

There will be 6 rounds , 1st telephonic then two face to face technical round then managerial round, then interview with director , last HR round

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Easy to crack if u have common sense and in-depth knowledge of your work.

Negotiation

no scope

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

I was hired years ago so my interview experience is no longer relevant. I interviewed back before the Thomson Corporation consolidated from its various components and then merged with the Reuters Corporation. Not only is it a totally different animal now but it is not one I would ever consider interviewing at.

Negotiation

N/A. I negotiated with a totally different company than exists today. My experience is not relevant to today's company.