Thomson Reuters Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thomson Reuters Systems Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

They will call you and you will have to go to the interview. Then you meet the manager, they sell the job, but you dont need to explain yourself in any way.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial interview was by phone with hiring team lead and one technical person, questions asked were to determine technical competency. Second interview was on-site and meeting with the entire team. Most questions at second interview were situational in nature (e.g. experience in handling difficult situations). Second interview also included hiring manager. i was notified of the offer about two weeks after the second interview (other candidates were being interviewed)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very straightforward.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY).

Interview

a) Have you built a jumpstart server?

b) Have you worked on Solaris 10?

c) How do you check if the hard disk is going bad? (iostat -en, dmesg)

d) What do you do to fix filesystem full problem?

Interview Questions

• What's the policy that you follow in applying security patches   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

non technically... and brief on questions. I have 5 people interview me and out of 5 only 3 personal where had technical questions. each person had 30 min for the interview and had to come back the second day since 2 managers where out of office the first day.

Interview Questions

• how do you check a process on the server   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

2 F2F technical rounds were there once you clear them you get a call from HR for the rest of the process. For the freshers they can ask you to give a written test as well.

Interview Questions

• Questions will be mostly from the resume and their job requirement.   Answer Question

Thomson Reuters Response

Jun 13, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters! Keep an eye out for an email with information about onboarding. If you ... More

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview, by phone, seemed put together hurriedly.

There were no introductions nor description of the job - just straight into a set of technical questions.

The interviewers seemed brusque to the point of rudeness and although I was told that I would receive feedback (either yes or no) by the end of the week, none came.

When I asked for some, I received no initial response and when I followed this up, was slagged off to the recruitment partner in a manner which misrepresented what had happened.

I'm glad I didnt get the role

Interview Questions

• There were some fixed questions about systems admin including a hands on section.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

First Technical interview with Manger, he is techie and another person in phone. All came from ur CV only

Negotiation

I asked alomst 100% as i have very less package. They accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

Interviewing candidates for a position within your company is one of the final steps in the hiring process. Before you get to this step, you want to make sure that you've completed all of the preceding steps since each of these steps will have a direct impact on how effective the interview process will be.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Oct 17, 2016 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

Standard Questions and based on the resume. Need to take care of the points in the resume. And the interview process will be very fast compare to the other organisations.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2010.

Interview

Written Test followed by couple of Technical Rounds and One Managerial Round.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was able to achieve 50% hike.