Thomson Reuters Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

102 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I had 3 interviews for 2 different roles and overall the experience was good. They were flexible with time, the 3rd interview was at 8am which worked perfectly for me. I am still waiting for an answer, and you know what? I will keep applying till I get a job there, I just think I fit with their culture. We went through my experience and few competency based questions.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Jun 8, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job... More

Technology Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a online programming challenge on Hackerrank and attending an assessment centre day at their office which consists of one group exercise and a two individual interviews.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Jun 28, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Legal Business Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2017.

Interview

Took a long time to receive feedback between interviews and when next interview was offered, it was expected that I could make time within a few days!
    Interviewer was good
    Bit of disjoin between the outsourced recruiting and TR

Interview Questions

Interview

Very good process overall. Clear communication mfrom the start regarding the interview process. I would like to check about how some processes ( eg business cases) work in practise in the company and what exactly you will be doing since that can be different from expected.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

May 18, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters! You can direct any questions you have to your recruiter and/or... More

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Leeds, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Good brief on job and a presentation attached on company. Interviewer was cool too.. It's all about YOU though. He was just prompting me for more information (like a BA) I guess.

I thought it went well, and I ticked nearly every box. Unfortunately I was turned down due to internal recruitment. Kinda waste of time and could have done with formal feedback at the least.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Jun 15, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We will take your advice into consideration for future interviews. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we... More

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with external consultant, phone interview then in person interview with three people, two in the room and one on video.

The large room had been used previously for a lunch meeting and there was food and dishes spread all over the table. Not very appealing.

The telephone interview person was there, so asked relatively few questions. Lots of general questions, nothing too spectacular.

The guy on video didn't like my answer to a question and it showed. When I tried to explain my answer in more detail, this didn't seem to go down well.

I was told in advance that they would be looking to interview me for a second role and this followed as a video interview afterwards. so I had a total of 90 minutes worth of interview.

Then every thing went very silent. Finally I heard negatively about the first role. I did eventually learn that they thought I would be too expensive for the second role and all my attempts to get them to put an offer to me failed.

Altogether a very unsatisfactory process and a very professional company made a very bad impression on me. Their use of external consultants may make things easier for them, but in this case the fact that I couldn't communicate directly with TR personnel was a real negative. The consultant also stopped communicating was a real turn off after what had been a professional approach.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Mar 22, 2017 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the team... More

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Two phone screenings shortly after the application. Questions mainly about topics covered by the local newsroom (economics & foreign policy) + some simple behavioural tasks. Questions asked both in English and region-specific languages.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Jan 25, 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Technology Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Nottingham, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied Online. Various Online stages such as Situational Strengths Test, Video Interview (Prerecorded). The strengths test also gave you a feedback form later which was quite nice.

The next stage was an assessment centre, this had 4 stages; Show and Tell, Innovation Pitch (Presentation), Innovation Labs (Lego Challenge/Group Exercise) and a Strengths Based Interview with 2 members of staff.
    We were given documentation about a week before the assessment centre to prepare the Innovation Pitch and Show and Tell, but the rest was a surprise on the day.
    It was a pleasant day, and they paid for transport as well as providing lunch on the day.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Feb 16, 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters in December 2016.

Interview

Video interview went very well. Ample time given to answer all questions comfortably. A good mix of both behavioural and technical questions. 2/3 multiple-choice questions. One SQL practice question.

Interview Questions

• Difference between functional and non-functional testing?   Answer Question

Feb 9, 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback. We're glad that you have decided to join us - Welcome to Thomson Reuters! Keep an eye out for an email with information about onboarding. If you... More

LondonProgram (Technology) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Process was pleasant enough. First you fill in your details, then do an online assessment (you get a candidate feedback report after that regardless of whether you're successful or not), after that a video interview.

Unfortunately I didn't progress much further than the video interview (done on HireVue) and they sure took their time in getting back to us!

Questions asked in the video interview were as

1. How do you make sure you always deliver great results on the tasks you are personally responsible for?
    2. Explain how you would feel if you had to completely rearrange your day to accommodate an important piece of work.
    3. Is applying what you have learned important to you?
    4. How will working within a large global organisation play to your strengths?
    5. How would you support your team?
    6. Imagine that you have spotted a process that isn’t working effectively. What would you do?
    7. In your opinion, what is the secret when communicating with colleagues and stakeholders with differing levels of seniority?
    8. What strategic factors do you think will impact Thomson Reuters’ success over the next 12 months?
    9. Can you describe a recent project or assignment which required you to apply your technological knowledge?
    10. Imagine that your manager has asked you to lead a five-minute presentation on new Technology. They provide you with a long list of resources to use in preparation. How would you make sure you include only the key information?
    11. Why are you interested in our Technology Summer Internship Programme?
    12. What do you feel you could bring to the Technology Summer Internship that sets you apart from other candidates?

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what is the secret when communicating with colleagues and stakeholders with differing levels of seniority?   Answer Question
    • Imagine that you have spotted a process that isn’t working effectively. What would you do?   Answer Question
    • How will working within a large global organisation play to your strengths?   Answer Question
    • How would you support your team?   Answer Question
    • Is applying what you have learned important to you?   Answer Question

Mar 9, 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist