Thomson Reuters Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

3.2

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I had 3 interviews for 2 different roles and overall the experience was good. They were flexible with time, the 3rd interview was at 8am which worked perfectly for me. I am still waiting for an answer, and you know what? I will keep applying till I get a job there, I just think I fit with their culture. We went through my experience and few competency based questions.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Jun 8, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job... More

Technology Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a online programming challenge on Hackerrank and attending an assessment centre day at their office which consists of one group exercise and a two individual interviews.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Jun 28, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Leeds, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Good brief on job and a presentation attached on company. Interviewer was cool too.. It's all about YOU though. He was just prompting me for more information (like a BA) I guess.

I thought it went well, and I ticked nearly every box. Unfortunately I was turned down due to internal recruitment. Kinda waste of time and could have done with formal feedback at the least.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Jun 15, 2017 – Talent Brand Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We will take your advice into consideration for future interviews. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we... More

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with external consultant, phone interview then in person interview with three people, two in the room and one on video.

The large room had been used previously for a lunch meeting and there was food and dishes spread all over the table. Not very appealing.

The telephone interview person was there, so asked relatively few questions. Lots of general questions, nothing too spectacular.

The guy on video didn't like my answer to a question and it showed. When I tried to explain my answer in more detail, this didn't seem to go down well.

I was told in advance that they would be looking to interview me for a second role and this followed as a video interview afterwards. so I had a total of 90 minutes worth of interview.

Then every thing went very silent. Finally I heard negatively about the first role. I did eventually learn that they thought I would be too expensive for the second role and all my attempts to get them to put an offer to me failed.

Altogether a very unsatisfactory process and a very professional company made a very bad impression on me. Their use of external consultants may make things easier for them, but in this case the fact that I couldn't communicate directly with TR personnel was a real negative. The consultant also stopped communicating was a real turn off after what had been a professional approach.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Mar 22, 2017 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to follow up directly with the team... More

LondonProgram (Technology) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Process was pleasant enough. First you fill in your details, then do an online assessment (you get a candidate feedback report after that regardless of whether you're successful or not), after that a video interview.

Unfortunately I didn't progress much further than the video interview (done on HireVue) and they sure took their time in getting back to us!

Questions asked in the video interview were as

1. How do you make sure you always deliver great results on the tasks you are personally responsible for?
    2. Explain how you would feel if you had to completely rearrange your day to accommodate an important piece of work.
    3. Is applying what you have learned important to you?
    4. How will working within a large global organisation play to your strengths?
    5. How would you support your team?
    6. Imagine that you have spotted a process that isn’t working effectively. What would you do?
    7. In your opinion, what is the secret when communicating with colleagues and stakeholders with differing levels of seniority?
    8. What strategic factors do you think will impact Thomson Reuters’ success over the next 12 months?
    9. Can you describe a recent project or assignment which required you to apply your technological knowledge?
    10. Imagine that your manager has asked you to lead a five-minute presentation on new Technology. They provide you with a long list of resources to use in preparation. How would you make sure you include only the key information?
    11. Why are you interested in our Technology Summer Internship Programme?
    12. What do you feel you could bring to the Technology Summer Internship that sets you apart from other candidates?

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what is the secret when communicating with colleagues and stakeholders with differing levels of seniority?   Answer Question
    • Imagine that you have spotted a process that isn’t working effectively. What would you do?   Answer Question
    • How will working within a large global organisation play to your strengths?   Answer Question
    • How would you support your team?   Answer Question
    • Is applying what you have learned important to you?   Answer Question

Mar 9, 2017 – Recruiting Communications and Marketing Specialist

Digital Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The face-to-face interview was pretty straight forward - the typical 'tell us about yourself' and 'how do you cope with heavy workload' questions. I had no issue with it at all, however when the person recruiting started sending me countless tasks to do, I was a bit stunned. If I'd have been asked to offer feedback or my opinion, fine, but this was too much that I hadn't been warned about in the interview. I did it anyway...but to add insult to injury, despite chasing several times and having spent quite a bit of money travelling to the office, no one ever actually gave me an outcome. Pretty poor treatment considering that this is such a huge, and generally well respected, company. I'd have expected better.

Interview Questions

• Why do want to work for Thomson Reuters?   Answer Question
    • How do cope with heavy workloads and how do you manage others' expectations of your time?   Answer Question

Journalism Trainiee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Quite an intensive process that includes the initial application, phone interview, writing tests and final interview with a panel and a numerical and written test as well. The interviewers were very friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Apr 19, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Business Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Online application of CV and cover letter, followed by online strengths assessment, video interview and assessment centre. The assessment centre consisted of group work, 1-1 competency interview, presentations and an exercise that focused on financial data analysis.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Mar 31, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Not a very good impression.

Started with a short telephone interview with a Thomson Reuters recruiter followed by instructions for a coding test that was done from home. A few days later Thomson Reuters recruiter setup a telephone interview with the development team for a specific date and time for which I took time off.
    Unfortunately no one ever called.

Interview Questions

• Coding test involved developing a black jack simulator between 1-6 players in Java.   Answer Question

Feb 26, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and would like to follow up directly with the recruiter... More

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Following the online application, the interview process started with a phone interview with a recruiter in order to assess your motivation in applying for that specific role in that specific sector and get more information about the role, salary etc. After that, face-to-face interview with the team leader and the European Sales Manager, another phone interview to test my negotiation and closing skills and a final presentation on a specific topic provided by them.

Interview Questions

• Why Thomson Reuters? How would you apply your knowledge to acquire more customers? What are the most crucial skills and a good sales person should possess in order to succeed in the marketplace?   Answer Question

Mar 1, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We wish you the best of luck in your search and encourage you to sign up to receive job alerts for positions which... More