Thomson Reuters Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Thomson Reuters Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.6

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone call, second phone call (main interview), editing exercise. It seems that they do a brief screening, then call you again (or ask you to come in), and then you speak to several different people. Then they sent an editing exercise to do and send in, which was the last stage of the process I got to.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Aug 16, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. If you are still interested in Thomson Reuters, and we hope you are, we encourage you to sign up to receive job ... More

Legal Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

Recruited by TalentNet, the talent recruiting arm of Thomson Reuters, twice for this position. First time my profile was sent over and the hiring managers at Court Xpress decided to hire internally which didn't make sense since the position is a contract job. TalentNet contacted me again to interview for the role. This time, I interviewed with a senior-level recruiter over the phone and then via Skype, references were contacted and my profile was sent over. Two weeks later I was informed that they were more interested in candidates with non-legal backgrounds: not persons with actual legal research skills and customer service experience, to which I possess.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever used Westlaw to conduct legal research?   1 Answer

Jun 21, 2016 – Analyst, Recruitment Brand and Channels

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We apologize that your experience did not live up to our standards and expectations and we would like to learn more about why you had a ... More

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter followed by a fairly lax in-person interview. Certainly differs with position as the skills required vary wildly depending on which business unit you work in.

Interview Questions

• How have you used your quantitative skillset in your previous job   Answer Question

Oct 20, 2015 – Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and feedback on your interview experience. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied to the job during Christmas holidays so i didn't hear back 2 weeks later. Had a phone interview where i was asked my basic knowledge and skill set. Scheduled a in person interview a week later. Super laid back and chill, the hiring manager literally only asked to clarify some things on my resume. And spent the rest of the interview just describing the company and job. Got the offer 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Only asked about legal experience and to explain some things on my resume. No direct questions.   Answer Question
    • If i knew Westlaw   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

Five face-to-face interviews; created 30-60-90 day business plan as part of pre-hire process. I found the interviewers to be supportive, I was sent demos and did plenty of research to create my plan.

Interview Questions

• The business plan was intense however, I thought it was a worthwhile exercise considered it gave me talking points/something to present upon in follow-up interviews.   1 Answer

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Washington, DC) in November 2013.

Interview

It was very basic, about my interest in reporting, what I had covered in the past and what my strengths and weaknesses were. They asked in detail about one of the stories I wrote and how I came up with the idea.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Legal Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very pleasant, the people who work there are extremely friendly. It had a laid back atmosphere. The people who interviewed me were my age, which made it more comfortable. They asked very common interview questions(What was your strength/weakness, what qualities do you possess do you think can be translated to this position.) It lasted about 30 minutes. They told me they would get back to me in a week, but they called me 3 hours later and offered me the job.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

First round is a phone interview, not very hard. Some behavior questions and some knowledge about real estate analysis;
    Second round is two 30mins back to back interview with directors. They are nice.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Washington, DC) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online, the HR Rep contacted me asking when I could do an interview. They also noted that there is no relocation funds available. I did about 4 different phone interviews (Over the span of about a month) where they asked a lot of questions about past experiences, what I could bring to the TR team, and how I deal with clients. First was with the HR Rep, next was with the Hiring Manager, then the Hiring Manager again with her Boss, and finally I finished by interviewing with long time team member. Most of the questions were straight forward and fairly easy if you have your resume sitting in front of you (Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult client, how did it go? Did you learn anything from it?). The HR Rep, Hiring Manager, and other staff members were extremely nice but the whole process took a very long time.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thomson Reuters (Washington, DC) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied via a Craigslist posting, they contacted me a while later (I didn't even remember applying at that point), we scheduled an interview over the phone. I showed up in a suit, I spoke with the HR person first for ~5-10 minutes and then the supervisor I would be working under for ~10 minutes. They seemed to be trying to gauge my personality. They asked me about my resume.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions; just be able to talk about anything on your resume, because they use that as a starting point for conversations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.