Thomsons Online Benefits Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

2.7

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Thomsons Online Benefits (Burlingame, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Spoke for about 30min with an account executive based out of California. He was nice and friendly, and told me he wanted to move forward in the process. Upon being contacted by some ladies in the British office, they asked me to join them on a "online" conference very early in the morning, which ended up not working, and we resorted to just talking on the phone through a conference call. The call went just fine, we did a role play in which I was "pretending" to be an SDR for their company. Upon finishing the role play, they said I had done an excellent job and said they'd stay in touch. Never heard back from them... super rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Thomsons Online Benefits Response

Jan 21, 2016 – UK & Cluj Senior Recruitment Partner

Thank you for your feedback, which we always welcome. We are disappointed to hear about your experience and I apologise that we got things wrong on this occasion. We shall review and seek to ensure... More

Director - Sales Interview

Interview

Chris Wakely was a strong interviewer. He seems to convey a great picture of the sales vision on where Thomsons wants to go. Chris also outlines the next steps while ensuring to maintain the strong culture.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be a good fit for the Thomsons positive culture?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thomsons Online Benefits (Burlingame, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. Then I had a phone interview. The following Friday I did an in office interview.. The office is small but nice and you may or may not have a free parking space. During the interview I was told applicants would be required to take a competency test for English and Math. I conferred with another person who also did an interview with them and they were not asked to take a competency test, in fact it was never mentioned in her interview. Then they never followed through with providing me the test info. I was really surprised by that. If you say you are going to do something- do it. Or if I was not the candidate they were looking for they could have said that. In fact, I would have liked some feedback on my interview in general. When they did not contact me when they said they were I sent an email and was completely ignored.

*Update- I was contact by email and asked to remove names. Which I have complied.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thomsons Online Benefits (Burlingame, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter regarding this "fantastic" position but was not prepared at all for it. I was given what was considered a spark notes version and regret moving forward. My hopes were high based on what I was told and felt I did well during the phone interview. I felt I had a good shot and was advised I would take an assessment test like it was no big deal. After the in person interview, I was told I was one of the favorites based on what I said which again led me even more. Once I was emailed the test, I was advised to prepare which I did. Ummm let me say the test was a joke! This "assessment test" measured people for things that did not seem relevant to connecting with people and bringing out a personality to sell. It's very black and white and did not seem logical for the position offered. The questions were not easy what so ever and only 4% pass I guess?

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Thomsons Online Benefits (Burlingame, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Red Flags everywhere! Spoke to a (very nice) recruiter and then I had a phone interview where the person spoke to me for about 30 minutes about the position before I could even say anything. They wanted to sell me the position so badly because the guy was so sick of being in an office by himself "calling people that did not want to talk to him." I was so hung up on all of the positives he was spewing out of his mouth that I didn't really ask any questions, and that's my fault. My in-person interview was so drawn-out that it took a few times rescheduling times to find one that worked. They made me wait 2 hours for the interview... told me that they are looking to make an offer within the next 2 weeks and then schedule my last interview 2.5 weeks after that. Nothing specific stood out about the process, I don't think they cared about if I knew what the company did, only that I had sales experience and wanted to change jobs. Needless to say, we parted ways during my 4th week with the business.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Thomsons Online Benefits (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a two stage interview with who would have been my direct reporting manager and his boss. My research on the company helped prepare for what I thought was a pleasant interview with both meetings taking no more an hour.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to run through my CV identifying key achievements   1 Answer

Business Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thomsons Online Benefits (Victoria, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

A group activity, followed by a tour and a demo of the software. Midday the group was halved and those remaining were interviewed by the VP of Sales, the CFO and the COO.

Client Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thomsons Online Benefits (Cluj-Napoca (Romania)) in February 2016.

Interview

reasonable interview, down-to-earth questions - why you believe you're fit for the company, why you applied for this specific job, 3 good things about working in a team, a time you had a difficult situation to handle, what personality you'd work best with.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thomsons Online Benefits (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Met with 2 members of the legal team and a member of the HR. The interview was well structured as per what both parties wanted to achieve. The setting was friendly and open to asking questions. It was a very good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses, why did you apply, standard questions about your experience.   Answer Question

Benefits Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thomsons Online Benefits (Cluj-Napoca (Romania)) in September 2015.

Interview

half day assessment center - lots of fun games of logic, English test (really easy), then an exercise on prioritizing workload and another on replying to dissatisfied clients via email.

Interview Questions

• Would travelling be an issue?   1 Answer