Thornton Tomasetti Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.7

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT-RELATED, Manager Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thornton Tomasetti (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn and invited me to apply for an IT-related position. I had one phone screening with that recruiter then a series of in-person person interviews at the NY office. The in-person interviews were conducted by a broad range of employees-- the hiring manager, potential team mates, a chief officer, a Human Resources coordinator, and a board member.

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thornton Tomasetti (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Heard back in 2 weeks that I was accepted for an interview on site. Interview was relaxed, seemed like they didn't have much prepared (maybe because I was interviewed by a bunch of architects instead of engineers). I then got shown around the office and spoke to some staff engineers about their work. The interview itself was about 45min, but talking to the staff engineers took about 1.5 hours. In the end, the interviewer told me that they would contact me about a decision in at most 4 weeks, and to contact him if I needed a response quickly due to other offers, OK I said. Then 1 month passed...I contacted them, NO RESPONSE. 2 months passed..I contacted them often, but NO RESPONSE. Finally 4 months passed and they finally respond with "no offer". TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE! Completely undermined my view of TT!

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thornton Tomasetti (New York, NY).

Interview

On campus recruiting, originally. One person, pretty laid back to explain to you what you what the company does and what you would be doing. If accepted, you interview with additional staff at the job location.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thornton Tomasetti (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online, the application process took about a day. It took a few weeks to hear back. I met with the recruiter for an hour interview and it went really well. They were extremely nice and laid back. They asked for different projects I had worked on and asked for several references.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here, strengths, weakness, etc.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thornton Tomasetti (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed at school event and then again in office. First interview was one on one the second involved speaking with multiple people. Both interviews were fairly laid back and relaxed. After being hired they took me out to lunch multiple times my first week of work.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thornton Tomasetti (New York, NY).

Interview

Very prolonged process, took about 3-4 months total. Felt kind of haphazard.

Negotiation

I negotiated a set amount for relocation.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thornton Tomasetti (Newark, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

1/2 day process, interviewed with Principal, Vice President, a few Associates, shown around the office, group interview in the conference room, went over past work experience. Pretty typical questions, clearly no defined interview process by HR. Heard back within a week, and expected to make a decision within 2 weeks.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thornton Tomasetti (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

I did a online interview via skype. general questions about education, classes taken, projects in school and few technical questions. Was with 3 people of upper management. discussed interests in the profession and what type of projects I would be interested in working on.

Interview Questions

• difference between lateral system and gravity system in buildings.   1 Answer

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thornton Tomasetti (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

After applying and being contacted for an interview the process was very quick. I went on a first interview with a group of 3 employees. This was mostly an informational interview and I wad then introduced to a junior engineer who toured me around the office. I was called back for a second interview about one month later. This interview wad more technical an u spoke with 3 employees again. The whole process went very smoothly. The second time I was at the office I filled out an application. I heard back about two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Would you describe yourself as theoretical or analytical and why.   Answer Question