Thorntons (Kentucky) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thorntons (Kentucky) Interview Questions

Interviews at Thorntons (Kentucky)

2.1

Sort:

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thorntons (Kentucky) (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

i had my first interview on the 18th of march didnt get hired until april 12th it was a very long process to go through just to become a cashier / csr my interviewers were very friendly and helpful

Interview Questions

• how long do you expect to work here   2 Answers

Negotiation

stay nice and friendly it will help you get through the day

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thorntons (Kentucky) (Erlanger, KY) in May 2016.

Interview

Very laid back. I interviewed with two regional managers. They did not make me feel uncomfortable whatsoever. I felt they were very honest and not only looking out for their needs but mine as well.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle conflict among co workers.   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thorntons (Kentucky) (Naperville, IL).

Interview

I did an online application and received a call within 2 days. I did a phone interview. Was called back to do a face to face interview which went very well. Basic questions about my previous work history and behavior based questions. I then got a call back to interview with the District Manager. Guy was very laid back and made the interview comfortable. The interview went so well that I got a call within 30 minutes after I left the interview to schedule a final interview with their Regional Manager. That interview went just as great. Everyone is very down to earth and laid back. Two days later I received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. Pretty much behavior based questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was happy with my first offer so no need to negotiate.

GSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Thorntons (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in September 2016.

Interview

Answer questions with a recruiter about availability and background knowledge of retail industry. If pass interview then U will have a waking interview with general manager at the location you are applying for then the next step is a Background check depending on how many places you have lived is how fast it will come back. After background check is back the. You get set up for your first day of training. Amount of training varies with the position you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• What shift(s) am I available for.   1 Answer

GSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Thorntons (Kentucky) (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Very informal and pleasant. Straight to the point. Interview took two days. One interview with the store manager, and one with the Hr representative. Both interviews lasted maybe 10-20 minutes each. Very friendly, and professional. Never asked about anything inappropriate.

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Thorntons (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in September 2017.

Interview

First interviewed by the store GM, then interviewed by the regional manager and then talked with both of them together. They basically just ask you questions about why you are interested in working there and why you'd be a good fit and they try to get a basic feel for your mindset and goals for the near future.

Interview Questions

• Why would like to work for Thorntons, Inc.?   Answer Question
    • What did you like the most and what did you like the least about your last job?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thorntons (Kentucky) (Louisville, KY) in December 2008.

Interview

You interview with the general manager then the regional manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating unless you have experience

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thorntons (Kentucky) (Chicago, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

Standard Process - Phone Screen, Formal Interview, and Panel Interview.
    Post Panel interview - did not follow-up with decision until I contacted them. and re
    Poor experience with follow-up communication.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your decision‐making process?   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thorntons (Kentucky) (Lebanon, TN).

Interview

Go to location interested in and interview with GM and SM then second interview with different GM and or RM. Basic skills testing in math, personality test. Ability to communicate effectively and display a sense of urgency.

Interview Questions

• Plans for future, what kinds of work in the public had been held and desire to serve customers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Starting wage has a cap.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thorntons (Kentucky).

Interview

I had two interviews. One with the General Manager and other with the store manager. After interview with the first they said they would call back within a couple days to schedule my next interview. The second interview was like ten minutes and she told me I had the job.