ThousandEyes Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ThousandEyes (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

This review is long overdue. I interviewed with ThousandEyes back in June, 2017. It started with their recruiter reaching out to me and scheduling an introductory call after I informed him that I was interested. During the call, he gave me some info about the company and their product and sent me a quick online programming problem that didn’t take more than 15 minutes to complete. They reviewed my solution within a couple of days and informed that they were going to move forward to another take-home coding problem. This one was a Java/Spring problem that took about 7 hours to finish. I personally think take-home projects are very effective in gauging the skills/experiences of a candidate comparing to onsite 5 hour interviews. After I submitted my solution, again they evaluated it promptly and got back to me.

As the next step, they scheduled an onsite interview. I need to note that they were very accommodating with regards to my schedule.

Once there, the recruiter gave me a tour of their office and then guided me to a conference room for the interview. I was interviewed by three people, two engineers and their engineering VP. All of them were friendly. The engineers covered algorithm and data structure problems and I went over the take-home project with the engineering VP. Although the questions weren’t easy, they were all very fair and there was no “coding tricks” required to solve them. They started with easier questions and moved to more difficult questions as the interview went on.

After a couple days, the recruiter contacted me to let me know that my interview went well and they were proceeding with an offer. He also asked me to have a quick phone call with their CTO as the last step before the offer was extended. During the phone call, their CTO just covered some general questions regarding my work experience.

After the offer was delivered to me, they gave me about a week to make my decision. Unfortunately, I ended up rejecting the offer due to a competing offer, but I think this was one of the best interview experiences I’ve had in my career.

Interview Questions

• Java/Spring project. Algorithms and data structure problems.   Answer Question