Cover image for Thrive Internet Marketing

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Thrive Internet Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Jan 10, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 11 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Thrive Internet Marketing

Thrive Internet Marketing

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thrive Internet Marketing

Interview

The first interview was a group interview with two additional candidates. The CEO and social media director at the time were present for the interview. From there, two of us were chosen to move on to 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions
  • All the questions in the group interview were social media-related and not necessarily exclusive to the candidate's experience, (i.e., "what would you do in this situation" type questions).
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thrive Internet Marketing (Johannesburg)

Interview

There are 3 interviews. The first is the founder just introducing the company. The second they get to know you and the third you need to be prepared for. They asked you to physically do SEO things while they watch you. If you can't handle people watching you do the work you are screwed. Also, they only hire christians and religeon is a big part of everything they do there. It is inapropriate for a work environment

Interview Questions
  • They send you webaite links and ask you specific SEO questions

The latest conversations about Advertising

Join the conversation on

Advertising

138.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Thrive Internet Marketing~1196434
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Thrive Internet Marketing? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Thrive Internet Marketing employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Thrive Internet Marketing (Johannesburg) in Mar 2022

Interview

The first stage of the interview process was over two hours long and took place via video chat. I did not proceed to the next stage of which consisted of an assessment which would also have taken place online. I mistakenly booked the wrong date for the assessment and HR emailed me saying that "You did an amazing job and are a favorite among our group!" and "We would love to schedule a one-on-one assessment with you soon to move on to the next round." An hour or so later before I had set a date for another assessment she emailed me again telling that they had decided to go with another candidate and a few days later I saw the job being readvertised again. I never usually share my interview experiences but this one stuck out for being particularly unprofessional. While companies are under no obligation to hire anyone, lying for no reason and misleading candidates makes you come across as sloppy and having no respect for the people you interview. If my missing the assessment was an issue I would have preferred this be relayed to me directly as is usual in professional business communications. I genuinely hope this review prevents another hopeful candidate from wasting their time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bergen op Zoom

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thrive Internet Marketing (Bergen op Zoom) in Apr 2021

Interview

After applying the HR manager immediately sends company propaganda and her pseudo-inspirational reason you should to think Thrive is the savior you never knew you needed. She’ll then ask for a portfolio of work to even get a chance to interview. If moved on you’ll get to participate in the beauty pageant/mall job interview—a 2 HOUR long, virtual, GROUP interview with 3 screeners and 8 other candidates. You get the chance to speak 4 times only. Questions did very little to differentiate candidates or produce substance. From there if you’re picked you’re moved to a technical interview. Not sure of those details as the HR manager essentially ghosted me for a week and only provided a generic “we’re still interviewing” statement while adding more power statements about how great the company is when prompted for a status update. The next day I received a standard rejection, but to keep applying because Thrive will change your life and career. Cultish with tons of upfront communication but none on the back end when it matters.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you apply for this role?
  • Do you have project management skills, how many direct reports, etc.

Thrive Internet Marketing

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thrive Internet Marketing

Interview

Relatively standard process. I had a phone interview, homework, group interview, then I got the offer. I heard they added another piece of homework at the end, but I am not sure. Not too hard especially if you have some experience.

Interview Questions
  • What is one of the biggest problems facing the SEO Industry now?

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thrive Internet Marketing (Arlington, TX) in Jan 2021

Interview

The interview process is smoth and very transparent. The company gives you update on how the interview went. It only takes couple of days for the results to come in.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Thrive Internet Marketing

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thrive Internet Marketing in Oct 2020

Interview

I liked the idea of a group interview but it’s not leveraged very well. They asked everyone the same questions in a round robin manner which isn’t horrible but in my opinion it defeats the point of a group interview. What they could do is switch up the questions per person or even ask some specific questions applying to each person rather than throwing generic questions out. Alternatively they could even utilize some problem solving exercises that require group work. Pair people up or have everyone work together and see how they naturally fall into their own roles. The interview went for about 2 hours and we were told to wait for next steps.

Interview Questions
  • Rank the following based on your skills from most to least: SEO, social media, PPC, web development

Thrive Internet Marketing

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Thrive Internet Marketing

Interview

The interview process was probably the worst interview process i've ever experienced. I initially applied online after answering several questions about myself and PPC experience. Then got a email response about a week later asking to complete a page worth of questions about myself and experience similar to what I wrote initially online to start the process. Then radio silence for about 6 weeks before randomly getting an email about more questions that had some of the exact same questions as before with a time-frame of 2 days to weed-out everyone. Completed that and then a group interview through Zoom within same week (which negated answering all of those questions with the time-frame of 2 days). During the interview the exact same questions were asked yet again about experience, personality, etc. At the end of the interview they stated they would think about it and get back in touch with us the following week to let us know if we were accepted or not then radio silence again. This wouldn't have been a problem if A.) They wouldn't have wasted 2 months of my life asking the exact same questions and keep you in the process if you don't have the experience they were looking for from the beginning. And B.) for straight up lying to everyone at the end of the group interview as well as in the 2 months worth of emails. I'm not for sure how a remote position could have just terrible communication and business practices.

Interview Questions
  • What is the biggest mistake you’ve made when setting up or managing a PPC campaign? What did you do to turn it around?
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thrive Internet Marketing (Arlington, TX) in May 2018

Interview

After an initial interview, I was a part of a group interview with 2 other applicants, They asked questions the truly applied to the job and to see what the synergy with the team would be like.

Interview Questions
  • What project management software solutions have you worked with.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thrive Internet Marketing (Dallas, TX) in Sep 2017

Interview

Group Interview - With a whole lot of men who arn't specialist and just are looking for a easy way to take your info with out hiring you, you will see that Brent has neatly put anything you said in the "Tools, tactics and functionalities board" meaning he just told the entire company about your tools before you even start.

Interview Questions
  • What tools do you use Where would you be meeting with clients how fast is your internet let me dig into your personal life
Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Interviews