Thrivent Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.7

Financial Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Lengthy, need to have list of 300 close family and friends in order to be taken seriously (aka you will make Thrivent a lot of money and bring in new members), must pass Series 7, 66 and life and health in order to be licensed.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial (Appleton, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed the next day to set up a phone interview to confirm that I am a good candidate for the position. About 10 days later I was contacted for a skype interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time in your life when you had to overcome a conflict scenario.   Answer Question

Insurance Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

Interview

After applying online you will be asked for a phone interview, phone interview was not with the original interviewer. After phone interview you sit down with team leader(s). Very professional setting. Almost felt it was over before it began.

Mutual Funds Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial (Appleton, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

A recruiter promptly reached out to me after I submitted my application online to do a 10 minute phone interview in order to qualify me as a canidate. Within a week I had an interview with the hiring managers. The interview was fairly generic with mostly situation based questions. The recruiter followed up weekly after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are 2-3 things you are not good at that you wish you could improve upon?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial (Appleton, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

First I had a phone call interview that lasted about a half hour. Then I was brought in a week later for an interview day. I had 4 different interviews with 4 different department managers. They told me that I would hear back from them the next week. I heard nothing. I contacted them two weeks later, then I got an automated email saying I did not get the job. Very poor communication, and the HR person was very misleading.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Thrivent?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite class right now?   1 Answer

Principal Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

'What do you want to be when you grow up'. That was the question one of the job interviewers asked, her first question to me as a matter of fact. That was the worst but not the only goofy drivel question of the interview. The fact that this was for a upper level position, not an entry level position and I have been in the industry quite a while as they knew from looking at my resume, made the sophomoric nature of the questions rather perplexing.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial in August 2016.

Interview

The response time was swift and the interview was a panel, situational type concept; which was nice from a time-saving perspective. I felt like they knew what they were looking for and asked probing questions to see if I was truly a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to give difficult feedback   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

It's an extensive process with 5 meetings. They ask to be provided with a list of all the people you know, as well as conduct probing interviews with 5 people you know and ask for 5 referrals.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of the challenging situation at work and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Vendor Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

The application process is fairly simple, it is getting to the interview and then having the position come down and put on hold. Comfortable atmosphere and more of a conversation then actual questions.

Interview Questions

• What would I bring to the role   1 Answer

Payroll Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

Typical interview process, making it to final round. Then it was radio silence. I've emailed both the recruiter and the hiring manager and get no response. Considering I took time out of two days to meet with several people at Thrivent, I would think they would at least have the courtesy to respond with even a simple "thanks for your interest, but we went with another candidate".