Thrivent Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Thrivent Financial Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.7

Interview

It was a wonderful and painless experience. I really enjoyed meeting with the entire team and felt very welcomed from the time I walked in the door. It was a very nice time.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a background in commercial real estate   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a call within a week to schedule two Skype interview with different managers. Each interview as ~30 minutes, and was mostly behavioral. There were recruiters scheduling the interviews and handling the admin/logistics.

Contact Center Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial (Green Bay, WI) in November 2017.

Interview

Recruiter found me via LinkedIn so I had two calls with the recruiter. One was a brief introductory call and after I formally applied for the position I had a more detailed conversation with the recruiter. Two weeks later I had a call with the hiring manager (due to distance from home).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to performance manage an employee   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial (Madison, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

Long and tedious - spent 2 months with multiple phone and on site interviews along with multiple aptitude tests. If you don't have a lot of local contacts to sell to, they won't be very interested. They are also looking for people who will stay in this role 10+ years, so if you are an older person please don't waste your time here.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Nice guy called me. He asked me screening questions. I am a closer that's what I do. Then I took a 2 hour assessment only to get told NO. They should pay for time. That's how it works. It's an insurance gig. You have to get a license before you make any money.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial (Madison, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

I initially came in contact with Thrivent at a career fair. It was honestly the best conversation I had - the representatives were extremely friendly. They followed up the next week by setting up a Skype interview. The Skype interview consisted of a half hour interview with two IT managers, followed by another half hour interview with another two. The following week I was given an offer. Overall the experience and interview was not intimidating and more conversational. They went through my Resume and asked questions about it.

Advanced Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a very nice woman. She called me the next day to set up an in person interview. Had a great interview with the hiring manager and she called me while I was on my way home and offered me the position and I accepted. It was downhill from there. The person who was doing my background checks called and said the school I went to did not have any record of me and they needed a copy of my diploma which I no longer have. I finally got it for the school and was then told my offer was rescinded because I gave a different reason for leaving a job during my phone interview than my in person interview! It took THREE weeks for them to finish "investigating" me. In that time I turned down two other job offers. A horrible experience from this company!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you resolved a conflict with a client.   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valparaiso, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial (Valparaiso, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was great - good questions. In person interview was degrading. professional recruiter was rude, arrogant and dismissive. Felt like an interrogation instead of an interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked how long I was planning on staying.   2 Answers

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiting coordinator contacts you to set-up a phone interview, phone interview is performed with a recruiter, recruiter then passes to hiring manager and they decide at that point whether or not you get an in-person interview.

Financial Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thrivent Financial (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Lengthy, need to have list of 300 close family and friends in order to be taken seriously (aka you will make Thrivent a lot of money and bring in new members), must pass Series 7, 66 and life and health in order to be licensed.