Thumbtack Analytics Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 346 interviews

Interviews at Thumbtack

Positive71%
Negative14%
Neutral14%
Applied online100%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (Dallas, TX)

Interview

A take home assignment over some data. Followed by a Zoom interview to discuss your findings and how you drew your conclusions. The information was to be presented as a real presentation.

Interview Questions
  • How did you analyse your data?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (New Orleans, LA) in Jan 2020

Interview

Five rounds of interviews consisting of a take home assignment, a short first Zoom interview, a longer Zoom interview, an interview with the head of my department, and a phone call with the recruiter to confirm the position.

Interview Questions
  • Research shows that taller people use less shampoo than shorter people. Why is that?

Thumbtack

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thumbtack in Oct 2019

Interview

Given 4 days for a take home analytics assignment, got the rejection within a few days, no feedback given at all, would've at least appreciated some feedback after spending hours on this take home assignment

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (Los Angeles, CA) in Mar 2019

Interview

It turns out to be a 3 round interview. The first is a case, and then review of the case you did, and the final round is all about behavior question.s

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Thumbtack

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Thumbtack in Feb 2019

Interview

First round - take-home assignment. I spent an afternoon on this and submitted my code and write-up. Questions were very open-ended and expectations somewhat unclear. Second round - 30 minutes video interview, in which I went over the assignment and my findings. I didn't get the time to ask questions or get any specific feedback about my take-home. Third round - video interview, 3 rounds. This include a management-consulting-style case interview that took me by surprise. I wished there was a chance for me to learn more about the role earlier in the process. It felt very much like a one-way evaluation. Haven't heard back from them yet and not sure if I've been ghosted.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Thumbtack

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack in Feb 2019

Interview

First step was a take-home assignment, you have 48h to complete it. You are given a few data sets relevant to Thumbtack's marketplace to analyze with whichever software or programming languange you want - I used R and Excel. Second step is an online video interview. Most of it was spent going over my assignment. I received an email more than 3 weeks later saying that I made it to the next round, but due to the delay I thought I was just being rejected and accepted another offer in the meantime...

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2017

Interview

Had a take home assignment, then a phone interview with a recruiter and then two interviews with members of the analytics team. One was a typical interview and the other was a case study. All the interviews were out of the office as I do not go to school in the area. The process was handled much quicker than any other internships I applied for as I finished the whole process in about 4 weeks where as some companies took more than 4 weeks to get back to me after submitting my application. Great experience overall

Interview Questions
  • How would you describe linear regression to a non-quantitative person who is unfamiliar with it
3 people found this interview helpful