Thumbtack Analytics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Analytics

Thumbtack Analytics Interview Questions

Interviews at Thumbtack

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (Dallas, TX).

Interview

A take home assignment over some data. Followed by a Zoom interview to discuss your findings and how you drew your conclusions. The information was to be presented as a real presentation.

Interview Questions

Thumbtack Response

Feb 10, 2020 – Social Media Support Manager

We appreciate this overview of your experience! We're glad to read that you had a positive experience and wish you the best.

Other Interview Reviews for Thumbtack

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (New Orleans, LA) in January 2020.

Interview

Five rounds of interviews consisting of a take home assignment, a short first Zoom interview, a longer Zoom interview, an interview with the head of my department, and a phone call with the recruiter to confirm the position.

Interview Questions

• Research shows that taller people use less shampoo than shorter people. Why is that?   Answer Question

Mar 9, 2020 – Social Media Support Manager

Great work getting through all of those interviews and landing the job. We have high expectations when interviewing potential candidates, and we're so happy we found you. Welcome to the team. :)

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thumbtack in October 2019.

Interview

Given 4 days for a take home analytics assignment, got the rejection within a few days, no feedback given at all, would've at least appreciated some feedback after spending hours on this take home assignment

Interview Questions

Thumbtack Response

Oct 22, 2019 – Social Media Support Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We pride ourselves on our timeliness with the interview process - we know that the best candidates don’t sit around for long! We will be sharing this feedback directly with the recruiting team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

It turns out to be a 3 round interview. The first is a case, and then review of the case you did, and the final round is all about behavior question.s

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thumbtack in February 2019.

Interview

First round - take-home assignment. I spent an afternoon on this and submitted my code and write-up. Questions were very open-ended and expectations somewhat unclear.

Second round - 30 minutes video interview, in which I went over the assignment and my findings. I didn't get the time to ask questions or get any specific feedback about my take-home.

Third round - video interview, 3 rounds. This include a management-consulting-style case interview that took me by surprise.

I wished there was a chance for me to learn more about the role earlier in the process. It felt very much like a one-way evaluation.

Haven't heard back from them yet and not sure if I've been ghosted.

Interview Questions

Thumbtack Response

Mar 6, 2019 – Social Media Support Manager

Thank you for letting us know about your interview experience. We are always working to improve our interview process to ensure a strong candidate experience - your feedback is essential. Sincere apologies not responding in a timely manner. We appreciate you letting us know so we can continue to implement changes to strengthen our current process.

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack in February 2019.

Interview

First step was a take-home assignment, you have 48h to complete it. You are given a few data sets relevant to Thumbtack's marketplace to analyze with whichever software or programming languange you want - I used R and Excel.
    Second step is an online video interview. Most of it was spent going over my assignment.
    I received an email more than 3 weeks later saying that I made it to the next round, but due to the delay I thought I was just being rejected and accepted another offer in the meantime...

Interview Questions

Thumbtack Response

Aug 8, 2019 – Social Media Support Manager

We're so sorry about that delay in our follow up! We pride ourselves on a timely candidate experience. We have alerted the recruiters and hiring team working on this job requisition so that this does not happen in the future.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Had a take home assignment, then a phone interview with a recruiter and then two interviews with members of the analytics team. One was a typical interview and the other was a case study. All the interviews were out of the office as I do not go to school in the area. The process was handled much quicker than any other internships I applied for as I finished the whole process in about 4 weeks where as some companies took more than 4 weeks to get back to me after submitting my application. Great experience overall

Interview Questions

• How would you describe linear regression to a non-quantitative person who is unfamiliar with it   Answer Question