Thumbtack Analytics Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thumbtack Analytics Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Thumbtack

2.0

Analytics Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from the recruiter within a couple days. Unfortunately after that, the process was extremely drawn out. I had to follow up multiple times with the recruiters at every point during the process.

1. 30 min call with recruiter
2. on-site SQL assessment and case study
3. on-site data analysis and presentation

It became pretty clear that they weren't interested in getting to know the candidates or in understanding how their experiences could be an asset to the company. They seem to want results and no personality. The SQL test was fairly straightforward and the case study was not about Thumbtack's business. Didn't make it to stage 3.

Recruiters sent an email detailing why they didn't decide to move forward, which was very much appreciated. However, the email was an automated response to a follow up I had. If you're going to spend time setting up the auto-response with the relevant details, why not just take initiative and send the decision before needing candidates to follow up?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Thumbtack

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

After the initial chat with recruiter, I received a take to finish in 48 hours. The wording is very amateur, and the data is inconsistent. It’s obvious that they accidently sent the inconsistent data. I am even sure they don’t even know where the inconsistently is with the data.

Even in that case, I provided answers but got rejection email with no feedback. After I read the company reviews and their business model, I feel thankful for their decision.

Interview Questions

• How does the number of visitors change over time?What % of visitors submit a preject request? How do category and device influence these metrics?What is the distribution of number of quotes pr request?What factors contribute to some requests getting more quotes than others? By category, what's the distrubtion of quote prices for a project? By category, what price do you think Thumbtack should charge pros to quote? and why?

I bet they dont even know the data has many errors   Answer Question

Thumbtack Response

Apr 18, 2017 – Social Media Support Manager

Sincere apologies for the lack of clarification. We strive to ensure that the interview process for our Analytic Team is as transparent as possible and that our team provides the best candidate... More

Analytics Manager Interview

Interview

When they reached out to me on linkedin, they told me there would be a certain number of direct reports. When I talked to the recruiter on the phone, she told me analytics managers start off as ICs and "grow into" the manager role. I guess their recruiters are willing to waste everybody's time to get people on the phone on false pretenses.

Interview Questions

• Didn't ask me many questions, she just spent most of the time telling me the truth about the role   Answer Question

Thumbtack Response

Nov 21, 2017 – Social Media Support Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience regarding the interview process. We're sorry that the recruiter wasn't clear with what the job would entail. We strive for a strong candidate experience, but we are... More