Thumbtack Category Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thumbtack Category Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Thumbtack

4.0

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

A couple rounds of interviews -- starting with a casual conversation at the office, then a take-home exercise, and then a full day of interviews and exercises on-site. The take-home exercise was actually quite fun, which led me to believe I would enjoy the role. I also really enjoyed each of my in-person interviews, and appreciated that I met so many different people for my on-site. It helped me get a better sense of the culture/company and feel that I would fit in.

Interview Questions

• They asked a number of questions! The most interesting ones were the case exercises where we did mock focus groups and mock conversations with product managers.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Thumbtack

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Standard in terms of process: phone screen, follow-up call with team member, take-home exercise, on-site, references. The interviews were all very well designed, and gave a great sense for the role and the nature of the work. The on-site in particular had a thoughtful progression designed to assess your analytical ability, product sense, and user empathy. The highly deliberate approach doesn't feel like the norm in the industry, and I mean that in a great way. The recruiter I worked with was fantastic as well; very transparent and prompt.

Category Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thumbtack.

Interview

The interview is similar to consulting firm or traditional investment bank (not technology-based trading firm) If you have MBA without engineering degree this position probably fits you well.
    Thumbtack is technology-based team who would value technology and data science but I feel like the team doesn't have strong relationship with developer. They want you to tackle down the problem as they do. Ask the question what consulting firm usually ask. I cannot expect diversity from this team.
    I love the thumbtack and the product but I didn't hear anything which amazes me directly from this team and this team kind of uses an old way to evaluate candidate. As the job board mentions data-driven but for me nothing related to data or technology. Just a typical consulting firm which doesn't get involved much in technology.