Find jobs for Category Manager

Thumbtack Category Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 338 interviews

Applied online33%
4.0
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Standard in terms of process: phone screen, follow-up call with team member, take-home exercise, on-site, references. The interviews were all very well designed, and gave a great sense for the role and the nature of the work. The on-site in particular had a thoughtful progression designed to assess your analytical ability, product sense, and user empathy. The highly deliberate approach doesn't feel like the norm in the industry, and I mean that in a great way. The recruiter I worked with was fantastic as well; very transparent and prompt.

Interview Questions
  • Mix of behavioral and case/analytical questions.
    Answer Question

Thumbtack

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thumbtack

Interview

The interview is similar to consulting firm or traditional investment bank (not technology-based trading firm) If you have MBA without engineering degree this position probably fits you well. Thumbtack is technology-based team who would value technology and data science but I feel like the team doesn't have strong relationship with developer. They want you to tackle down the problem as they do. Ask the question what consulting firm usually ask. I cannot expect diversity from this team. I love the thumbtack and the product but I didn't hear anything which amazes me directly from this team and this team kind of uses an old way to evaluate candidate. As the job board mentions data-driven but for me nothing related to data or technology. Just a typical consulting firm which doesn't get involved much in technology.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in Nov 2017

Interview

A couple rounds of interviews -- starting with a casual conversation at the office, then a take-home exercise, and then a full day of interviews and exercises on-site. The take-home exercise was actually quite fun, which led me to believe I would enjoy the role. I also really enjoyed each of my in-person interviews, and appreciated that I met so many different people for my on-site. It helped me get a better sense of the culture/company and feel that I would fit in.

Interview Questions
  • They asked a number of questions! The most interesting ones were the case exercises where we did mock focus groups and mock conversations with product managers.
RSS Feed</>Embed