Thumbtack Content Strategist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thumbtack Content Strategist Interview Questions

Interviews at Thumbtack

3.5

Content Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack in March 2015.

Interview

Initial contact was very quick after my application (same day). There was a very positive phone screen with the recruiter followed by a 1:1 in the office with a team member. The person who was supposed to interview me was sick, so someone else filled in (I was not informed in advance or asked to reschedule). This interview included an exercise of moderate difficulty.

For the next round, I was given another, much more involved exercise to do at home and asked to make a presentation to two VPs and a third team member. Also on the agenda for this round were two additional interviews (one of which was intense), lunch, and YET ANOTHER live exercise. All of these exercises were very similar, by the way.

I was told that this was the final round and to expect to hear something shortly. Instead I was asked to come in ONE MORE TIME for ONE MORE EXERCISE just like the three I'd already done with two of the people who'd already interviewed me. At this point the whole process had become a joke amongst my friends. "This company has trouble making decisions and lacks respect for applicants," said one friend.

After three visits to the office, four exercises, and seven interviews... There was no decision. For two weeks! I was told that people were traveling, people were sick, etc. Finally I heard via a brief email that they'd selected another candidate. The recruiter did offer to provide feedback but by this time I had lost all interest in any further dealings with the company.

Interview Questions

• Many questions about specific processes followed in previous jobs.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Thumbtack

Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

HR was very friendly and diligent about the role, great communication. Content person seemed lost and without experience on the goals for the company and what needed to happen in the future, seemed to heavily rely on Product people but never met any of them so it was all an unclear mission and role they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Asked to create a content strategy presentation guiding new users through their confusing onboarding site. After this was done, they apologized for giving weak instructions and asked to re-do it again with new instructions. Not a very professional procedure, this raised the 'We're lost' flag.   1 Answer