Thumbtack Customer Service Guru Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thumbtack Customer Service Guru Interview Questions

Interviews at Thumbtack

3.2

Customer Service Guru Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thumbtack.

Interview

Was called from thumbtack and interview was scheduled. Hr made me feel very welcomed and was very friendly. Firstly they showed me around the offices and let me know about the free food and drink! Woohoo! Then I was sat in a very light and scenic office where I underwent a two part interview. First part was testing my personality and second my job skills.

Interview Questions

• The one I struggled on was what was my greatest achievement.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Thumbtack

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thumbtack (Sandy, UT).

Interview

Got interviewed by 2 different people for 30 mins each ( 1 hour) . First guy was very personal and just wanted to get to know you & what makes you happy/tick. The next guy was more focused on why do you want to work at thumbtack. They will ask you about hobbies you have, interests & much more. Just be aware they are focused on CUSTOMERS and how to make THEM HAPPY. After having my interview it really clicked for me that they want to see how interactive I was with others and what difference I can make in society rather then just wanting to know you.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thumbtack (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2014.

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. I came in and they showed me around the office then I sat down with one manager for probably about 20 minutes, then another after that for another 20 minutes. It was casual and friendly, they really just wanted to know that I'd fit in with the culture.

The application was the hard part. It's long and grueling, there's voice recording and a long slightly difficult test involved.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I interviewed at Thumbtack (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a quick response to do a video interview and a test. Once I completed those tasks, the recruiter emailed me said I passed and they'd love to bring me in for an interview at a later time. Never heard back and no follow up response. Very unprofessional. Not to mention the quiz they sent me was in a Google doc with multiple grammar and spelling issues.

Interview Questions

• Had specific customer service related issues and wanted a response on how you would handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thumbtack (Sandy, UT) in July 2016.

Interview

The hiring process is long and drawn out. Be prepared to be judged by people you haven't ever seen in a video pre screening that you post on YouTube. ( I'd stick the questions but throw a little pizazz in it make it your own)

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thumbtack (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2014.

Interview

Hiring process was extremely lengthy. Submitted application via Glassdoor, submitted resume, submitted video (30 second commercial), went through phone interview, went though another phone interview, interviewed with department director and founder of company, interviewed with two managers.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite musical group? and why?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle an irate customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was fully prepared to negotiate, but once the package was presented, it was more than I expected so I kept my mouth shut.