Find jobs for Customer Service Representative

Thumbtack Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5 of over 346 interviews

Interviews at Thumbtack

Positive40%
Negative60%
Applied online100%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Thumbtack

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thumbtack

Interview

Frustrating review process, secured an offer but found leadership to be slightly arrogant and dismissive. Prepare for textbook interview tactics and you’ll be fine. Energy of team didn’t feel welcoming.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you had to navigate a difficult customer request.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (Draper, UT) in Mar 2018

Interview

After 2 conversations on the phone with the recruiter, and a technical writing exercise, I was brought in to the office and had a great discussion with 2 of the team members and the Manager of the team. My background is primarily in Sales of Net New business while working with a subset of very large current customer accounts. When requesting feedback on the interview in order to improve, the response provided was simply that I didn't meet the needs of the team and neither did anyone else, the day when I was on-site. There was no constructive criticism provided which lead them to their decision.

Interview Questions
  • How were you able to guide a customer from a point of leaving to a point of being successful in a previous role?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (Salt Lake City, UT) in Feb 2017

Interview

Recruiter who called was fantastic. I arrived on time, but had to wait 15 minutes for someone to come get me. I met with 6 people - all who stared at their laptops instead of actually looking at me. When I had the chance to ask questions, none of them really engaged in conversation. I felt like I was talking to a wall. I would strongly suggest leaving the laptops behind in interviews. I understand needing to write things down, but they were so distracting. I wouldn't be surprised if the people were just surfing the web or chatting instead of listening to my answers. Probably one of the most unprofessional interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you think thumbtack would hire in the states rather than out sourcing? Especially since it would save the company a lot of money?
  • How would you handle an angry customer?
  • How do you keep an upbeat work atmosphere

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (Sandy, UT) in Nov 2016

Interview

The hiring process is a little drawn out but for the most part was very organized. Thumbtack was very easy to communicate with and I heard back from them within 24 hrs on most occasions. The process consisted of an initial skills test and three interview rounds. One phone interview and two in person. Everyone I spoke with was very friendly and easy to talk to. Really do your research on the company and have some great questions for the managers.

Interview Questions
  • How would you explain to someone what Thumbtack does?
  • Tell me a time when you set a goal that you didn't reach.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (Sandy, UT) in Oct 2016

Interview

I applied online and was contacted to make a video and complete a questionnaire (a very long and tedious process) which consisted of me answering customer service related questions. Once I sent that in I was contacted for a phone interview, which went really well. The girl even told me that my chances of getting the job were really high. She then scheduled me for an in-person interview for that week. You get interviewed by one person first, then another person individually. They seemed disinterested and seemed to have judged me based on looks and whether or not I was "cool" enough to fit in and work with them. I've never felt so judged in my life. Overall, they just didn't seem to care and it was apparent on their expressionless faces. It was as if they had already made their minds up about me when I first walked in before even sitting down with me and discussing my work experience and skills. If only I had worn ripped jeans and a pair of vans, as opposed to a business casual outfit, I would've been considered for the position. I didn't understand how these two individuals were qualified to interview me, they were team leaders, not managers. They only care about their company's culture, not about the individual job performance. For a company that boasts about their diversity, I didn't see much. I might've had a more positive experience, regardless of landing the job or not, if there wasn't such a blatant display of disinterest and disrespect during the in-person interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time where you weren't supposed to do something, but you did it anyway.
RSS Feed</>Embed