Thumbtack Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thumbtack Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Thumbtack

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter who called was fantastic. I arrived on time, but had to wait 15 minutes for someone to come get me. I met with 6 people - all who stared at their laptops instead of actually looking at me. When I had the chance to ask questions, none of them really engaged in conversation. I felt like I was talking to a wall. I would strongly suggest leaving the laptops behind in interviews. I understand needing to write things down, but they were so distracting. I wouldn't be surprised if the people were just surfing the web or chatting instead of listening to my answers. Probably one of the most unprofessional interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think thumbtack would hire in the states rather than out sourcing? Especially since it would save the company a lot of money?   Answer Question
  • How would you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question
  • How do you keep an upbeat work atmosphere   Answer Question

Thumbtack Response

Jun 7, 2017 – Social Media Support Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience regarding the interview process. We’re sorry to hear that your time with us was not positive. We strive for a strong candidate experience where each candidate feels... More

Other Interview Reviews for Thumbtack

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (Sandy, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted to make a video and complete a questionnaire (a very long and tedious process) which consisted of me answering customer service related questions. Once I sent that in I was contacted for a phone interview, which went really well. The girl even told me that my chances of getting the job were really high. She then scheduled me for an in-person interview for that week. You get interviewed by one person first, then another person individually. They seemed disinterested and seemed to have judged me based on looks and whether or not I was "cool" enough to fit in and work with them. I've never felt so judged in my life. Overall, they just didn't seem to care and it was apparent on their expressionless faces. It was as if they had already made their minds up about me when I first walked in before even sitting down with me and discussing my work experience and skills. If only I had worn ripped jeans and a pair of vans, as opposed to a business casual outfit, I would've been considered for the position. I didn't understand how these two individuals were qualified to interview me, they were team leaders, not managers. They only care about their company's culture, not about the individual job performance. For a company that boasts about their diversity, I didn't see much. I might've had a more positive experience, regardless of landing the job or not, if there wasn't such a blatant display of disinterest and disrespect during the in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you weren't supposed to do something, but you did it anyway.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (Sandy, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring process is a little drawn out but for the most part was very organized. Thumbtack was very easy to communicate with and I heard back from them within 24 hrs on most occasions. The process consisted of an initial skills test and three interview rounds. One phone interview and two in person. Everyone I spoke with was very friendly and easy to talk to. Really do your research on the company and have some great questions for the managers.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain to someone what Thumbtack does?   2 Answers
    • Tell me a time when you set a goal that you didn't reach.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation