Thumbtack Front End Developer Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 4 of over 346 interviews

Employee Referral33%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Thumbtack

Application

I interviewed at Thumbtack

Interview

I was contacted by a Thumbtack recruiter. It was a standard process starting with a phone screen followed by half a day of on site panels. The questions were all framed with non-technical / cultural opener followed by a technical question. There was also an opportunity to ask questions after each round. Finally, I was invited back to talk about topics of my choosing with several leadership members of the company. My recruiter was very communicative, set expectations, and was able to answer all of my questions. The interview experience with Thumbtack was excellent, and the final reverse-interview round had a large impact on my final decision!

Interview Questions
  • Culture questions about my own interests and experience. Technical questions around application design, testing, layout, and front end technologies.
    1 Answer

Thumbtack

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Thumbtack in May 2016

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with a technical recruiter to go over my background and previous work. I was then sent a coding challenge and asked to build a slot machine using javascript, html and css.

Interview Questions
  • Build a slot machine using javascript, html and css. No time limit and up to my discretion on what to use and how to build it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2015

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the someone from the company to set up a brief phone interview. The interviewer was almost 10 minutes late to call and when he did, sounded like he was preoccupied. The first thing he asked me was what questions I had for him, basically he had no questions for me, which was very unusual. I tried to fill the 30 minute call with as many questions I could think of. I was then given a take home coding challenge to do.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in Dec 2014

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me about several openings for a front end developer. She scheduled an in person screening with both her and an engineer on the team. When it was finally scheduled (about two weeks later), I met with her and the engineer. The engineer talked briefly to me about my experience, but we spent most of the time just talking about non technical things such as the company values. The next day, I found out why. Thumbtack actually didn't have any front end developer positions available. The recruiter let me know that they'd had a few other candidates arrive earlier that day and move onto the offer stage. So they completely wasted my time. Needless to say, it was a terrible interview experience.

RSS Feed</>Embed