Thumbtack IOS Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 29, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 342 interviews

Interviews at Thumbtack

Positive33%
Negative67%
Recruiter100%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

typical hiring process that included one phone interview and an onsite interview. The overall experinece was good and I liked the environment. focus on your algorithms and DS. The interview process was good.

Interview Questions
  • Compare two binary trees and return true or false if they are same. Anagram question Phone number to alphabet conversion
    1 Answer
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in Nov 2018

Interview

The best interview experience I had. The interviews were organized/structured well. People were very nice + helpful and wanted you to succeed. Questions asked in the onsite were fair and well thought of, although I’d say they were harder than the questions I got during a google interview. Here’s the whole experience from beginning to end: A sourcer reached out to me in August and I initially declined. But in October, I reached out to the sourcer then got on a phone call with a recruiter. After that phone call, I was scheduled to have a 30 min phone call with an engineer. In this phone call there were no programming or CS questions but it was a time for the engineer to get to know me and for me to get to know thumbtack's tech stack and additional info about the company from an engineer's point of view. After that call, scheduled an hour technical phone interview. This interview involved me answering some coding questions on hackerrank's code pair. Can't remember the specifics but it was one or two pretty standard coding questions. After this came the onsite interview. The interview started at 11:45pm and ended at 5:45 pm and included a one hour lunch with an engineer. The process in order: 1. Lunch with engineer: Food was so good. Didn’t talk much about tech stuff but more about what life is like at thumbtack. Was told this lunch interview wasn’t being graded or anything. 2. 1on1 Coding interview: The coding interviews at thumbtack are done on a laptop, also in hackerrank’s code pair, so no writing code on a whiteboard which I was pretty happy about (but there are whiteboards in the room incase you need to draw out something). This interviewer in particular was very enthusiastic and made me feel comfortable. But the question I got was pretty hard. I asked for hints and the interviewer was very nice and helpful. I couldn’t finish in time but I explained my thought process and my proposed solution and the interviewer seemed satisfied. My interviewer told me this was a question not many people finished so I felt a little bit relieved even though I didn't finish. 3. 1on1 Coding interview standard coding problem, not too hard 4. 1on1 Coding interview standard coding problem, not too hard 5. Pairing session w/two other engineers: In this interview, I was given a laptop with thumbtack’s actual ios code base. I was given a small task as if it were something I would actually do at work. I got to use google and I asked the interviewers a good amount of questions in the process. After about a week, I got the results and was given the offer! The whole process from me reaching out to the sourcer up to getting the offer took about a month. A tip for the technical interviews: think out loud. explain your thought process even if you’re not sure or are stuck that way the interviewer knows how to help you.

Interview Questions
  • General software development + algorithm questions. Study your algorithms and pull problems on hackerrank, leetcode, etc and you should be good.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Thumbtack (Salt Lake City, UT) in Apr 2016

Interview

Extensive process that included assessment and video interview. Based on first step it was obvious I would need to answer questions precisely and that they had high expectations in terms of accuracy and expertise. I was told I did very well in first step and video interview and would be contacted right away for group interview. I was never contacted and had to reach out several times before being told I would not be moving forward with the process. I was misled about my chances and they had very high expectations around their employees professionalism but the whole experience was very discouraging. They were are also misleading about how low salaries were for my position. I would not suggest anyone apply for a job at this company. The recruiter I dealt with kept apologizing for having a short attention span and not being to respond to messages in a timely matter.

Interview Questions
  • Among others : What is difference between two iOS apps - CocoaPods, and TTKit. In 100 words or less what is an optimal scalable distribution process; how I would deal with failed app launch and why women should work for Thumbtack as engineers
Be the first to find this interview helpful