Thumbtack Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 342 interviews

Applied online91%
Employee Referral9%
HardAverageEasy

Thumbtack

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thumbtack

Interview

They were very nice. I spent a day at the office. Had a few technical interviews and chatted with the cofounder. Technical interviews need to compile during the interview. Their food was delicious. Free Breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Interview Questions
  • Practicing interview questions on leetCode is good.
    Answer Question

Thumbtack

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thumbtack in Feb 2021

Interview

Have a question about iterator and a follow up. Solve both of them with proper communication. Still got a rejection. Can 't figure out what is wrong. Maybe it's just because the position has already been filled.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in Feb 2021

Interview

I went through the phone screen and technical interview. The phone screen was straightforward, just the HR asking about logistics. The technical interview was a live coding challenge. Pretty straightforward interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Thumbtack

Application

I interviewed at Thumbtack

Interview

Really friendly interviewers. Had a great experience and i thought i did well although i did not end up with an offer. The recruiter was very friendly and asked to keep in touch for future opportunities.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

There were total of 3 rounds, first was a hacker rank, then a 1 hour phone call and finally on site interview. The onsite interview was two 1 hour long interviews.

Interview Questions
  • I don't remember exactly but for onsite I had to write a tree traversal algorithm and also create the class for nodes and write a test case as well.

Thumbtack

Application

I interviewed at Thumbtack

Interview

There are 4 rounds for the summer interns. 1. phone screening from the hr, go over the resume and introduce the internship program; 2. online assessment that takes about 1 hour on a problem related to the company's work; 3. phone technical interview that takes about one hour, one coding question; 4. on-site interview (final round).

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2019

Interview

Coding Challenge -> Phone Interview -> Final Round On-site The recruiting team was excellent in response time as well as coordinating schedules. The final round had more company specific questions that were interesting in that they gave me a deeper insight into possible algorithms used in their product itself. They were very quick to send me an update after each section of the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Q: K Largest Values, Print all Amicable Pairs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in Sep 2019

Interview

1 Hackerrank, 1 Phone Interview, Onsite (2 one hour technicals) - overall had a great experience - everyone was super friendly and nice! Recruiting process was relatively quick! Had a great experience overall.

Interview Questions
  • Phone Screen was LeetCode hard. Onsite was not LeetCodes, they were real-world SWE questions specific to Thumbtack - super interesting questions!
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Thumbtack (Berkeley, CA) in Dec 2018

Interview

The interview process consisted of one online code challenge on CodeSignal, two phone interviews, and a final on-site interview. What set this process apart from other processes I've experienced was how the subject matter of the questions (especially on the online code challenge) were in some way relevant to what Thumbtack does.

Interview Questions
  • Implement a calendar data structure in a programming language of your choice that can store events and query events by whether an event is active at a given time.
1 person found this interview helpful

Thumbtack

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack in Dec 2018

Interview

They replied pretty fast. They sent me a coding challenge on Codesignals. There were 3 questions in 2 hours, all of them relates to graphs. The questions were really hard and pretty long.

Interview Questions
  • In Thumbtack, users are able to rate Pros based on their experience working with them. Each rating is an integer ranging from 1 to 5, and all ratings are averaged to produce a single number rating for any given Pro. Those Pros who have a rating lower than a specified threshold are manually reviewed by Thumbtack staff to ensure high quality of service. You're given a list of ratings for some Pros. Find out which Pros should be manually reviewed.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Interviews