Thumbtack Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software Engineer(Internship)

Thumbtack Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at Thumbtack

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thumbtack (Berkeley, CA) in December 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of one online code challenge on CodeSignal, two phone interviews, and a final on-site interview. What set this process apart from other processes I've experienced was how the subject matter of the questions (especially on the online code challenge) were in some way relevant to what Thumbtack does.

Interview Questions

• Implement a calendar data structure in a programming language of your choice that can store events and query events by whether an event is active at a given time.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Thumbtack

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack in December 2018.

Interview

They replied pretty fast. They sent me a coding challenge on Codesignals. There were 3 questions in 2 hours, all of them relates to graphs. The questions were really hard and pretty long.

Interview Questions

• In Thumbtack, users are able to rate Pros based on their experience working with them. Each rating is an integer ranging from 1 to 5, and all ratings are averaged to produce a single number rating for any given Pro. Those Pros who have a rating lower than a specified threshold are manually reviewed by Thumbtack staff to ensure high quality of service.

You're given a list of ratings for some Pros. Find out which Pros should be manually reviewed.   Answer Question

Thumbtack Response

Feb 6, 2019 – Social Media Support Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience regarding the interview process. We’re sorry to hear that your time with us was not positive. We strive for a strong candidate experience where each candidate feels... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The process was really quick. There was a coding challenge, 2 technical phone interview screen, and an on-site. This process was one of the most enjoyable interview process I have gone through. Enjoyed talking with the engineers both on-site and via call.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thumbtack in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was given a code challenge for round 1. Hard but doable with the amount of time given. Moved on to the next round which was a technical phone interview. I provided two approaches but I couldn't figure out how to deal with edge cases. Interviewer was unhelpful and uninterested. Seemed like he was reading off a prompt. The rejection letter received was rude and unhelpful.

Interview Questions

• Create an in-memory database similar to Redis   Answer Question
    • Find the nearest palindrome for a given integer   2 Answers

Thumbtack Response

Oct 30, 2017 – Social Media Support Manager

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thumbtack in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online through their website and got an email asking me to take a Hacker Rank challenge about a week later with a semi-personalized email from a recruiter. The Hacker Rank wasn't that tricky (implement a very basic key-value database with rollback support). They gave two weeks to do the Hacker Rank, but stated the expectation was that I would finish it within 2-3 hours (which I did). A few days after I submitted, they sent denied me over email.

As far as I'm aware, I met all of the stated runtime complexity requirements. I passed all of the provided test cases and I also did some manual testing to ensure correctness. So, I'm confused as to why I got rejected.

Interview Questions

• Create a key-value database that supports transactions and rollbacks.   Answer Question