Thumbtack Office Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 339 interviews

Interviews at Thumbtack

Negative67%
Neutral33%
Applied online100%
HardAverageEasy

Thumbtack

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thumbtack

Interview

After filling out an application online, I was contacted to complete a writing exercise. Afterwards I moved onto the phone interview. It felt like the interviewer wasn't really engaged or listening actively because the first question they asked me was why I was interested in Thumbtack. I explained that I used thumbtack very frequently for a variety of tasks. Then the next question was , "So what do you know about Thumbtack?" (....uhh I ...just told you..I said I use Thumbtack frequently ergo I probably know what it is)

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about Thumbtack?
    Answer Question
  • Why are you interested in Thumbtack?
1 person found this interview helpful

Thumbtack

Application

I interviewed at Thumbtack

Interview

Filled out an application through their website. Was asked two days later to complete a assignment. Kinda sketchy since it was asking for ideas. Was asked for a phone interview a week later. Phone call went great, asked typical questions. Took them a week and a half to get back to me even though they said they would get back in three days. Was asked to come in for a two hour interview. Found it a bit unprofessional that they proceeded with it even though two of the four people (including my potential boss) had to drop out. Was not offered to reschedule or anything. Ended up not getting the job, was sent a automated email. Overall nice people but not professional. You can't keep people hanging and change interview schedules without telling them in advance.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2016

Interview

I applied online and was contacted in the next few days to complete an assignment. I put a lot of work into the project and when I submitted it, I was told the team would look at it and get back to me in 7-10 days. It was the holidays so the length of time was understandable. I heard back over a month later and had a phone screen with hiring manager (She apologized for the delay). I was invited for an onsite a few days later. I met with 4 team members-- all friendly and welcoming. A pretty casual interview experience. The team said they would get back to me in a few days about the final step: another onsite. I didn't hear back from the team in a "few days." The next week, I emailed the recruiting coordinator, asking for an update. She replied immediately scheduling the final interview. Shortly after, she rescheduled the interview for 3 weeks later. I felt unsettled that my interviews were so far apart. The day before my final onsite, I emailed the Hiring Manager, explaining my excitement for the interview and the position. 5 minutes later, I got an email explaining that the position has been filled. I was extremely disappointed by the levels of professionalism displayed. Were they going to tell me before I showed up for my 2nd onsite interview? I applied for a fairly entry-level position and the process was dragged on for about 2 months.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed