Thumbtack Product Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thumbtack Product Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Thumbtack

Product Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack in August 2018.

Interview

The first round was a casual talk with HR, the second one is a take-home assignment.

The HR is very unprofessional, rescheduled the first-round interview with me three times. After that call, she told me that she would send me the take-home assignment, after one week past, I emailed her, then she remembered.

The take-home assignment is fun, but too many questions and did not provide enough information.

Interview Questions

• How much money should they charge pros and give an explanation   Answer Question

Thumbtack Response

Sep 19, 2018 – Social Media Support Manager

We appreciate you letting us know of your experience. We know time is of the essence, so we apologize for not responding in a timely manner. We'll take this feedback to continue to improve upon our... More

Other Interview Reviews for Thumbtack

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

3 step process. The first part was a small take-home assignment. They give you 48 hours to complete it. The second step was a video call, case study interview. They give you a hypothetical scenario and ask what your recommendations are. The third part is onsite.

Interview Questions

• What price should Thumbtack charge professionals for quotes?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was referred by an employee (after being referred once before and was never contacted). I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Phone Screen with the recruiter and take home analytics test. The phone screen is pretty standard -- talk about your interest in the company, the role, and relevant past work experience. The recruiter was a bit junior and wasn't able to provide much insights about the work product analysts do at Thumbtack. She also didn't provide much assistance during the take-home test and provided very general responses to my questions.

The take home test is exciting; however, the analytics team doesn't provide any guidance about their expectations and depth of analysis they'd like to see. I was told the test takes 2-3 hours and provided back an analysis that sufficiently met this requirement. The team wanted to see more insights and analysis beyond just answering the questions and this expectation was not communicated. It's unclear as to what the team is looking for (the take home test is suited to someone who already knows Thumbtack's data and how they work). The feedback I received for my analysis was not helpful, the team mentioned the things they liked about my responses and what they didn't like... but there's no feedback to help a candidate improve or know the type of analysis and responses they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• How does the number of visitors change over time? How do category and device influence these metrics? By category, what price do you think Thumbtack should charge professionals to quote? What factors contribute to some requests getting more quotes than others?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone Screen, Take Home Test, In person interview. Seemed unclear what exactly they were looking for. Case Study and more casual interview talking about yourself and the company environment and how you see yourself fitting in.

Interview Questions

• Explain linear regression to a non-technical person. Basically talked about how price could be influenced by certain factors. Asked to elaborate about independent dependent variables.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screen with the hiring manager, then an in-person interview. In-person consisted of 4 30-minute interviews - a SQL test, a product interview, a behavioral interview, and a consulting-style case. Generally felt very efficient, casual and conversational.

Interview Questions

• What is a feature you would add to Thumbtack app (if you have used it before)?   Answer Question