Thumbtack Product Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 16 of over 346 interviews

Recruiter9%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Thumbtack

Application

I interviewed at Thumbtack

Interview

First round interview with HR. Asked about background and resume and also a stats questions. One week later I received onsite interview requests. Onsite interviews including analytics exercise, SQL, case and hiring manager chat.

Interview Questions
  • walk me through your resume
    Answer Question

Thumbtack

Application

I interviewed at Thumbtack

Interview

Prior to the onsite, I was asked to complete a take home analytics assignment which can be done in Python or R. The onsite had a couple modules on topics like case studies and guided analysis.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Thumbtack

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thumbtack in Jan 2021

Interview

First had a call with the hiring manager to discuss work experience, interest in the company/role. Was then sent a 48hr take home challenge. You are allowed to make either a presentation or a word doc, and there are a few questions to answer. However, based on the feedback I got, it looks like they were looking for you to go beyond the questions themselves (i.e. it asks you about one cohort of users, but the grader expected me to compare and contrast both cohorts). Seems like there was discrepancy between what they wanted to see and what was requested. However, they did provide feedback -- though it made me feel like the grader rushed through reading the document because some of the points I got docked on were for things that I had in fact included in my document (examples of recommendations, etc.). Seemed like pretty subjective grading.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Take home assignment based on charts they provide. No coding required

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in Dec 2020

Interview

Overall great process. People were very friendly and clear in expectations of interview process. Process involved hiring manager chat, analytics take-home challenge, virtual on-site including case interview, analytics problem, SQL test, and hiring managing behavioral conversation.

Interview Questions
  • Take home: Given 5 days to complete analytics challenge, pretty standard nothing too crazy Virtual on-site: 1 hr data analysis challenge and 45 mins to explain takeaways with interviewer, 30 min behavioral with standard behavioral questions, 45 min case question similar to MBB with focus on some standard math calcs, 45 min sql test using online editor similar to hackerrank/leet code problems

Thumbtack

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thumbtack in Dec 2020

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with the hiring manager, and then take-home analytics challenge. I was given 2-days to complete the challenge and probably spent 7-9 hours total to finish it. They provide several datasets and prompts which guided the analysis. The final deliverable was an analytical report, including my method, findings, metrics, tables, and visualizations. Around 4-5 business days after submitted, I recieved feedback, and unfortunately, they didn't move forward with my application. A couple of months later, the same recruiter reached out to me and said a different hiring manager was interested in my previous application. They liked the original take-home challenge I submitted, so I was invited straight to the on-site interview. This was honestly one of the only times I've ever been reached out to by a recruiter after not progressing from the earlier stages, so it made me feel they valued my work and background, which is great! (very rare in the tech industry) The on site interview consisted of a 4 steps: - SQL skill screening - An independent analysis with a dataset done offline - Review of the independent analysis - Hiring manager screen - A case study Less than a day later, I recieved an offer. The compensation and benefits package was very attractive. Unfortunately, after careful consideration, I have decided to decline the offer. It was honestly extremely difficult because I have been a fan of Thumbtack for many years and the role aligned with my background and career plans. However, I believe another offer I had was a better fit for where I am at in my career currently.

Interview Questions
  • Take-home challenge with a dataset. SQL screen Case Study questions

Thumbtack

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thumbtack in Nov 2020

Interview

The hiring manager reached out to me on LinkedIn. We had a brief call about the role and my background. Then a recruiter sent me a 48-hour take-home challenge, just a simple product analytics case. I spent a whole afternoon to work on it and sent it back the next day. I didn't hear anything back from them until one week after I asked the recruiter about my application - a reject and no feedback. My recommendation to Thumbtack recruiting is: please respect other people's time. If you need to test someone's product sense or analytics skill, schedule a 30m call, ask about a case study and do some coding. Even if you want to keep the data challenge, please make sure you select the right people to give it to and give proper feedbacks.

Interview Questions
  • A phone call with hiring manager A 48-hour take home challenge

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2020

Interview

I applied online and got a response from an amazing recruiter (Michelle who I worked with throughout the process) the day later. The day after that I had a 30 minute call with a hiring manager, who asked me mostly behavioral questions to understand my past experience and see if I would be a good fit for the role. I got the sense that the hiring manager really wanted to get to know me and I was impressed with how quickly Thumbtack got me into their recruiting funnel. After the initial hiring manager interview, I was almost immediately sent a take-home challenge to test my analytics skills. I was given 48 hours to complete it and it did take quite a while because the prompt was open-ended, trying to see if I had the ability to get at the pertinent information in a bunch of data without telling me what to look for. It was a fun assignment, but I'd definitely recommend interviewers asking to do it over their weekends if they have a full time job. It took them a little less than one working week to get back to me with the results of my take-home assignment, after which I was invited to a virtual onsite interview. The virtual onsite lasted just over 4 hours and included 4 interviews, an hour long on-site analytics challenge, and a check-in with a recruiter. The interviews included one live SQL coding interview, a review of what I did in the on-site analytics challenge which was similar to the take-home (but less complex), a case study somewhat similar to what you would see in an analytics consulting firm, and another chat with a hiring manager. I completed my on-site on a Tuesday and got an offer from another company that Friday, so I asked Michelle (the recruiter) if we could schedule any other interviews within the next couple days. She set up my final interview with one more hiring manager on Monday evening and asked for three references that the team checked over the weekend/on Monday so that they could get me an offer by Tuesday. The whole process from application to accepting the offer took 4 weeks. I was so impressed by the recruiting team going above and beyond throughout the process to make sure I had everything I needed and was comfortable with the virtual interview setting. And I'm really grateful that they could make the end of the interview process go so quickly to fit my personal timeline. The interviews, and especially the analytics challenges are standard to slightly difficult, probably to weed out people who wouldn't be up for doing the equivalent of these analytics challenges every day at work. One awesome thing I realized during my interviews was that all of the hiring managers are very technical so they will really be able to dive deep with questions into how you did your past work.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Thumbtack

Application

I interviewed at Thumbtack

Interview

First conversation is a HR conversation with a brain teaser then after is a take-home assignment (48 hours). HR was quick with letting me know updates and detailing the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Thumbtack

Application

I interviewed at Thumbtack

Interview

First round is take home challenge. You need to make a proposal with the history data and digging more facts. The challenge is tricky actually. They didnot move forward and there is no any feedback.

1 person found this interview helpful

Thumbtack

Application

I interviewed at Thumbtack

Interview

Overall, the interview process is pretty normal for the position. It is what you expect from a tech company in San Francisco. There is a mix of questions that range from your coding ability to product sense.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Interviews