Find jobs for Product Designer

Thumbtack Product Designer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 8, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 346 interviews

Employee Referral18%
3.4
HardAverageEasy

Thumbtack

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thumbtack

Interview

Recruiter did not respond to initial email sent to input availability. No response after that and didn't even get a chance to have a phone screen, very unprofessional, especially given email was opened twice after follow up.

Interview Questions
  • Didn't even get a chance because no confirmation on when to meet.
    1 Answer

Thumbtack

Application

I interviewed at Thumbtack

Interview

Recruiter call and then call with design manager. the thumbtack recruiters were both very kind and flexible and helped me reschedule my intro call at the last minute when the CA fires had impacted my area.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The interview process consisted of a recruiter screen call, a portfolio review over video, and then an on-site interview in San Francisco. The on-site interview started with a portfolio presentation and then consisted of a number of 1:1s including an app critique.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time when there was a disagreement within the team on the approach of a project you were working on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

The worst recruitment team I have ever worked with is Thumbtack. They don’t respect the candidates’ time and effort. They just look for something cheap and easy. Run away from them if you expect a fair treatment in the interview process. I changed my flight ticket in order to make to their onsite. After the final onsite, they gave me a four weeks long radio silence, while I had four other offers that required me to respond soon (and I informed them already.) In the end, they sent me a short and cold “no, thanks” email and that is it. Facebook recruiter told me that “Thumbtack will never get the top talents if this is how they treat candidates.” They are also very slow regarding the reimbursement. I haven’t received any updates after weeks. Let’s see if I will ever get the taxi rides reimbursed.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Thumbtack

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Thumbtack

Interview

I was reached out to on LinkedIn by a recruiter at Thumbtack. We had gone back and forth about 5 times and were in the midst of coordinating the first phone screen and the recruiter completely stopped communicating to me. I reached back out multiple times and I received no response or explanation.

2 people found this interview helpful

Thumbtack

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thumbtack in Jan 2019

Interview

30-minute portfolio review through video call. 15-20 min to walk through 1 recent project that shows my design process and preferably work with a real company (while the interviewer might ask questions), and the rest of the time for a chance for me to ask questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in May 2018

Interview

I came onsite twice. First time was for a 1:1 with a Design manager and a quick portfolio review. Second onsite was a presentation to a number of design managers and personnel, PMs and engineers, followed by a design exercise, app critique and additional 1 on 1s.

Interview Questions
  • They were mainly concerned with how I approached problem solving and how I have solved problems in the past with my designs.

Application

Interview

The interview process was one of the most professional I have ever experienced. I visited onsite at Thumbtack twice, both for presentations of my portfolio to different team members. Following presentations, I had a design exercise, app critique and numerous 1 on 1's with PM's, Design managers, engineers, etc. Holistic and thorough interview process

Interview Questions
  • They were most concerned about my thought process and methodologies of how I go about solving problems.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2018

Interview

The process was very straightforward and short, including a recruiter screen, hiring manager work review (onsite), and half day onsite consisting of a presentation, app critique, whiteboarding session, and lunch. The team was very welcoming and the office is pretty awesome.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Application

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter -> 1:1 interview with a design manager -> 4-hour onsite interview (portfolio presentation, whiteboard challenge, several 1:1 w/ designers) -> Offer The whole interview process was very efficient and well organized. I really enjoyed the conversation with the interviewers and felt people at Thumbtack are truly passionate about what they are doing. I accepted the offer over other three offers I got not only because of the product itself, more importantly, the people and the work culture as well.

Interview Questions
  • Many questions about the thinking processes behind each design decision
Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Interviews