Find jobs for Senior Software Engineer

Thumbtack Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5 of over 338 interviews

Employee Referral20%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2021

Interview

Usual Software Engineering interview process. First I had a call with a recruiter to discuss roles. 1 telephonic round.  LC question. It was not straightforward. It was not an usual array or tree question. Basic data structure concepts had to be applied to solve the question. I thought the interview went well. Next round was a virtual onsite interview. I scheduled it after 2 weeks so that I can prepare some more. Recruiter gave an overview about the whole interview process. 2 Coding rounds and 2 System design rounds (1 hour each), Hiring manager round (45 minutes). 1st coding round, question was open ended. I asked a few follow up questions to the interviewer. The interviewer gave an ambiguous response to those questions which led me to solve the problem in a non optimal way. I was not able to come up with a proper logic. When I wrote the code, I missed some edge cases. I messed up this round. I could have done better. System design rounds -- if you are designing APIs for a while and preparing for programming interviews, you should be able to answer the System Design questions. Again the questions were not straightforward questions like Design FB or Twitter. I really enjoyed the System design rounds. They were thought provoking and interviewers were very good. The Last coding round was easy. I was able to come up with an optimal solution fairly quickly. At the end of the interview, I knew I would not get selected because of the 1st coding round. I got the onsite interview results in 2 days. Recruiter gave me good detailed feedback on the interviews. It really helped me to work on those things and get better prepared for other interviews. Looks like it's a very good place to work. I would definitely recommend interviewing here.

Interview Questions
  • Cannot reveal the exact questions.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and discussed the available positions. Scheduled a 1 hour technical phone screen. This was followed by a full day of onsite interviews at SF head quarters. 4 rounds of interviews + 1 lunch interview

Interview Questions
  • 1 System Design Interview 3 Coding Interviews (Graphs, Arrays, Iterator of Iterator)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

The recruiter was very nice and to the point. They set up the phone interview quickly. After asking typical questions about my background, they gave me a question that was rated as hard in Leetcode(I looked it up after the interview). There was no way I could solve that over the phone in 45 minutes. To be honest I don't think many people would be able to do that, unless they have come across the question before. Also, the question didn't require any special data structures. So I don't think it had any values. Interviewer didn't provide any hints either. He just provided the edge case where my algorithm didn't work.

Interview Questions
  • Some tricky question with numbers. Didn't require any data structure.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2016

Interview

First call with recruiter to figure out the usual details and interest in the company/candidate profile. Seemed like they do not look for specialization and prefer to hire full stack engineers

Interview Questions
  • Find the mean and median in a streaming list of integers if you already knew upfront that the integers are in the range of 0 to 1000.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in Apr 2016

Interview

The standard technical phone screen + onsite interview. Pretty solid recruiting process the entire time, I had other offers and everything was done super quickly. Their engineering office is across the street from the office that has all the conference rooms for interviews so I had my first interview start kind of late and people might have trouble showing up on time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed