Find jobs for Site Reliability Engineer

Thumbtack Site Reliability Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2 of over 346 interviews

Interviews at Thumbtack

Positive100%
Applied online100%
HardAverageEasy

Thumbtack

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2018

Interview

Two phone interviews consisting of one coding exercise and a Linux troubleshooting interview. This was followed by onsite interviews at the Thumbtack office in SF. Recruiter was very prompt, and would always get back to me within a day or two. It was a very smooth process, and a positive experience.

Interview Questions
  • Linux internals, system design, troubleshooting, coding
    1 Answer
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Thumbtack

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in Jul 2017

Interview

Phone screen with a live coding question followed by an on-site interview. Thumbtack has one of the nicest offices I've ever visited. The on-site interview questions were not difficult. The coding question was easy and fair, though I could not finish it in the time given. I may have talked too much before the question was given, depriving me of valuable coding time. There was a troubleshooting session involving a very unlikely scenario. I thought it was absurd but as the interviewee I played along. The interviewer probably had the intention of measuring your system knowledge. In my personal opinion, the question did a bad job of that and just measured your knowledge of system trivia. The other interview sessions were fair.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed