Thumbtack Site Reliability Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thumbtack Site Reliability Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Thumbtack

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Two phone interviews consisting of one coding exercise and a Linux troubleshooting interview. This was followed by onsite interviews at the Thumbtack office in SF.
Recruiter was very prompt, and would always get back to me within a day or two. It was a very smooth process, and a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Linux internals, system design, troubleshooting, coding   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Thumbtack

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with a live coding question followed by an on-site interview.

Thumbtack has one of the nicest offices I've ever visited. The on-site interview questions were not difficult. The coding question was easy and fair, though I could not finish it in the time given. I may have talked too much before the question was given, depriving me of valuable coding time.

There was a troubleshooting session involving a very unlikely scenario. I thought it was absurd but as the interviewee I played along. The interviewer probably had the intention of measuring your system knowledge. In my personal opinion, the question did a bad job of that and just measured your knowledge of system trivia. The other interview sessions were fair.

Interview Questions