Thumbtack Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Thumbtack

3.5

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thumbtack (San Francisco, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

It was fast and everyone was so friendly. They even considered me for various positions and ended up choosing the one that suits me best. You can see they really want to hire good people and arfe genuinely interest in where you can grow as a professional.

Interview Questions

• How do I plug myself into an old team, and be their new leader?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Thumbtack

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thumbtack.

Interview

First contact was done via email. You are asked to take a skills test which you obviously need to pass.

The next step is the interview with the hiring manager. The recruiter was prompt in setting schedule with the interviewers. He even sent a reminder few minutes before it began.

The interview was conducted through Zoom. This is similar to skype or google hangouts. You have to download and install it.

There were two interviewers who are both Managers in the group I was being considered for. It is expected to have some minor audio and video glitches because of the internet dependency. The interviewers only wore t-shirts which is understandable given the culture of the company. But they could have done the interview in a room where there is less distraction or have a blank wall asa background. I assumed they dialled in from their homes.

The post I applied for was for Team Lead post but the towards the last part of the interview, the questions were as if I were applying for a Process Improvement Manager or a Black Belt Six Sigma.

I am a TL for 6 years and clearly the questions they asked were geared for OM or Process Specialist / PMO position. They should review the job qualifications and align it with the role.

Interview Questions