Thunder Valley Casino Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 25, 2018

2.4

Sort:

Other Interview

Interview

This was only first interview with their HR team.
    I was asked typical interview questions and the recruiter was very friendly and helpful.
    I was told there will be one more interview if the actual dept is interested in me.

Interview Questions

• typical questions like why you want the job, why you want to work here, what are you looking for long term etc etc   Answer Question

SPA Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thunder Valley Casino in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 different people the spa manager, a spa supervisor and the vp's of operation. I thought the interviews all went very well. They wanted someone who had experience. I have over 5 years of spa management experience, plus I'm an esthetician and a massage therapist .Everything they were supposedly looking for. They even called my references. A week later I got an email from the spa manager stating that they wanted someone with two years of experience. I was so confused because I have over 5 years of management experience and 20 in the industry.. Maybe I just didn't fit in since the ladies that I would be working with are in their early 60s...

Interview Questions

• what would you say to a co-worker that was talking bad about a manager.   1 Answer

Human Resources Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Thunder Valley Casino in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online via their website. A few weeks later I was emailed by a recruiter letting me know they wanted to discuss my qualifications further. I had an in person interview with the recruiter and at the end he let me know that he would be forwarding my info to the hiring managers and if they wanted to interview me they would reach out. I received an email a couple weeks later stating that they decided to pursue other candidates.

Table Games Dealer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Thunder Valley Casino.

Interview

I also applied on the company website. I heard people have also gotten interview by just email the the HR. They called me the next day asking if I could come in for an interview. The interview was nice and simple. I was asked to list 3 traits and explain them. I was also asked about a difficult situation and how I overcame it. After this interview, I was interviewed by director of the dealing school. I had to solve basic math problems.

Table Games Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thunder Valley Casino (Lincoln, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, called the Employment Center for an interview, met the recruiter, met the department manager, got the job, drug test, background check, orientation on Monday. Super fun and easy!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer or a co-worker.   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thunder Valley Casino in September 2017.

Interview

I submitted an application online. A few weeks later, I received an email asking to schedule an interview to discuss further qualifications. I met with a recruiter who asked basic questions. Why do you want to work here? What makes a successful company? Discussed past experiences. He was very friendly and helpful. I was then scheduled for a second interview with a hiring manager the following day. The interview was mainly getting to know me and my interest in the position. I received a call that afternoon with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What makes a successful company? Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thunder Valley Casino.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days later. I went to the employment center for my first interview with hr. Then waited a week and got a call from the manager who was hiring in room dining servers. She gave me a job as a on call server but not a event coordinator on the spot. I then had to do a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• What questions would you ask if you received a call for a all American breakfast?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thunder Valley Casino (Lincoln, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

One in person interview one on one. Then went through an intensive background check, drug screening, then after passed those I was offered the job and then orientation began the following week.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Thunder Valley Casino (Lincoln, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

A few weeks after applying got a call from HR. Went in for an interview next day. Standardized set of questions related to customer service. Met with project manager same day to discuss position. 5 days later got a call from HR and job offer.

Interview Questions

HR acted like I was wasting their time and they were doing me a favor. Did not feel like they were employee oriented at all. Gave me 48 hours to think about the offer. Before time was up I called and asked for 1 more day to make the decision but they retracted the offer without warning. Glad I didn't accept it as it wasn't the friendliest experience.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thunder Valley Casino (Lincoln, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

First interviewing is a screening process with a recruiter. If you get to a second interview, then if selected you go through a background check and then a drug test then an orientation .

Interview Questions

• If you came across a drunk customer who had lost 100,000 dollars how would you handle this?   1 Answer