Thycotic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Thycotic Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

3.6

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thycotic.

Interview

Applied to job post. Received an e-mail a week or so later providing the companies step by step interview process. Was asked to complete a technical assessment by the recruiter. Completed the technical assessment that night. E-mailed the recruiter 3x in a span of 2 weeks asking the recruiter to verify if they had received the answers to the technical assessment as well as other supporting documents sent via e-mail. Still have not heard back from anyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thycotic (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter (over LinkedIn, I think). After responding, I was asked to take a skills assessment. After taking the assessment, I received another follow up email and a request for a phone interview.

The phone interview was pretty generic. I was asked about my background, what my role was exactly at other companies I've worked for, questions about my personality, etc. I thought the phone interview went well and the recruiter said she'd get back in touch with me with a date to talk with the team manager.

A week later, I still hadn't heard anything back so I sent a follow up email. Never received a response back. I expect something came up and there's a reasonable explanation behind this, but from my perception, it's pretty unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thycotic (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

So I was reached out to by the senior recruiter for a 30 minute discussion about the position. I then was given a technical assessment to complete and submit. Following the assessment I was scheduled for a 1 hour technical phone interview with the Technical Lead. We discussed the position, schedule, and what I know and don't know about networking and tech. Questions varied from customer service to SQL and database questions. Soon after I was called in for a face to face interview at the DC Office. During the interview I was introduced to the staff, given a tour of the facility, and provided with refreshments. The interview consisted of two parts first part was a 1 hour question and answer session. They asked me questions about my goals and my past experiences in technology. After the 1 hour I was given a technical assessment about SQL and their product and how to troubleshoot their system. After that we went over my answers and called it a day. I received an offer two days later.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thycotic.

Interview

-Phone interview with HR
    -In person interview including a few assessments relevant to the job (mock phone screen, review job descriptions)
    -References/ background/ drug screen
    -Offer

HR was responsive and transparent. Everyone had great questions- I felt like I had a great opportunity to share my expertise and talk shop with everyone. While the interview itself wasn't exceptionally formal, the questions were challenging yet fair and engaging. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever hired a candidate that didn't work out? How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Thycotic (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Easily one of the worst experiences I've ever had applying for a job. I spent hours preparing and interviewing and in the end I got jerked around for no good reason.

The entire interview process took place over a week and a half on three separate days. The first day, I had a 45 minute phone screening, which consisted of fairly basic interview questions. Another day I had a panel interview over the phone, which lasted about an hour with some light technical questions. On the last day, I had a 2.5 hour marathon interview via Skype consisting of two panels followed by a remote technical assessment. Everything went well, I felt I had good shot at the position.

A few days went by and I was contacted for a background check and drug screening. Seemed promising. I provided my info, and asked a couple of follow-up questions about logistics. No reply from HR. Another day goes and I get a call that I hadn't gotten the position due to a decision being made "earlier than expected". When I asked for a simple reason, considering things had been moving full-speed ahead, the contact hemmed and hawed, and sounded extremely nervous, but really gave no reason at all. I then got an email with the boiler-plate corporate speak of "Things within our timeline changed and we were able to come to a final decision earlier than we expected". Still not a real answer but, ok. I wrote back asking for an actual reason and they replied that they ended up going with another candidate.

If they found a better fit, fine, just come out and say so. Don't jerk people around when it comes to their livelihood.

Interview Questions

Thycotic Response

May 7, 2015 – CEO

Thanks for writing up your experience. I am sorry that it sucked. That is definitely not what we strive for. Your interview schedule seems pretty typical - we try to be thorough at Thycotic... More

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thycotic (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online, and I was contacted for an initial phone screen a few days later. After my phone screen, I was contacted almost immediately to set up a second interview. During the second interview, I described my technical background. Since there was an additional person on the phone this time, I also re-caped some information from the phone screen. After that, I was invited in for a 3rd interview that was about 4 hours long. I met with a few different panels of awesome folks and then I took a technical abilities test. It was a very thorough process and best of all, I felt everyone was very genuine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary is more than fair, but of course you can negotiate!

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thycotic (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very transparent and positive from the beginning. I was not currently in the market for a new job when I was contacted by the talent scout and began the process. We went through several stages: phone interview with the talent scout, phone interview with the team leads, in person interview with the team leads, and an in person interview with the full support team.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what would make me upset from a customer.   1 Answer

Marketing Event Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thycotic (Washington, DC).

Interview

They literally slammed at least 30 questions at me in the span of 45 minutes. It was non-stop. They didn't even offer feedback to my responses, it was just question after question after question. Very young and inexperienced people conducting the interview. More of a popularity contest than whether or not you actually qualified for the position. They didn't even follow up after when they said they would.

Interview Questions

Thycotic Response

Feb 17, 2015 – CEO

Thanks for your comments on the process. It is important to us that candidates have a positive experience so I am sorry that we fell short. We will review the process and make improvements.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Thycotic (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

After e-mailing my resume and cover letter, I received an reply back within the next week. I was then asked to provide a code sample of a problem that they provided. After this, I received two calls — both of which were from Team Leads of the Product Development team at Thycotic.

The first call consisted of the generic, "Get to know you" questions. They were pleasant, yet were in no way a cakewalk.
    The second call was geared more towards my technical background an experience.

I was then invited to the office for an on-site interview. Here, I met the entire in-office dev team and had the opportunity to work with them.

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thycotic.

Interview

I applied for the position, was contacted for an initial phone screen then had a second interview where I had to describe my technical background. After that, I was invited in for a 3rd interview where I met with a panel of awesome folks and then a technical abilities test and met the rest of the team on the floor. It was a very thorough process and an excellent learning experience.

Interview Questions

Thycotic Response

Feb 17, 2015 – CEO

Glad to hear that the interview was a good learning experience. We try to be as transparent as possible and really allow you to kick the tires of working on the team before you start. Glad to have... More