Thyssenkrupp Elevator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.7

Industrial Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middleton, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thyssenkrupp Elevator (Middleton, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, a very nice recruiter called me, asked me about my resume and experience. After 40 mins speaking to her, she appointed another interview with two friendly hiring managers, they asked me about my entire resume, availability to work and skills.

Exactly a week after the inteeview the recuiter told me that after careful consideration they were moving with another candidate "whose skills were closer for the postion" even though I did a great interview and I have with 2 years of exp. I guess it's because I'm from Puerto Rico and it's cheaper to hire a local talent, than spending money bringing a person from Puerto Rico. Overall, it was a positive experiences.

Interview Questions

• What will my supervisor say about me? If I give an offer right now, what will be the expeceted time to start working here?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Thyssenkrupp Elevator (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

1 phone interview by corporate recruiter, several emails with branch manager to set up in person interview. Great in person interview. Several more emails to make sure I was still interested and to prepare me for district level interviews. No district interview happened, I received a " do not respond " automated email from the corporate recruiting department saying they chose someone else. I forwarded that email to hiring manager who politely responded (via email) I was on the list to call and who was surprised the company sends automated rejection emails.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in a management position?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thyssenkrupp Elevator.

Interview

One interview with a group of three for an entry level position. They used a question script and were good at leading their questions to find what they wanted. My issue with them comes after the interview. They called me to offer me the job and when I asked for time to consider they called me back and told me that they were rescinding the job offer and moving on with another candidate. I have never heard of asking for time to consider the offer as being negative. I don't know any other company that would do that. Waste of my time and a low blow.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Various rounds with different departmental and HR personnel. Friendly and not stressful session. Maintains professional etiquette and standards.Various rounds with different departmental and HR personnel. Friendly and not stressful session. Maintains professional etiquette and standards.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thyssenkrupp Elevator (Alpharetta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

After passing a phone screen I was invited to participate in a 1:1 in-person interview. It was fairly, I was asked about my background, specific projects, and they showed off the projects they were working on and introduced me to members of the team. Overall, it went really well and I received an offer after a couple of weeks.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Thyssenkrupp Elevator.

Interview

Hiring process is good and will have a face to face interview. Interviewer will ask about the Job Profile related questions, technical related questions for IT jobs. Nice 401(K) benefits and good bonus.

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thyssenkrupp Elevator (San Leandro, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a college career fair. About a month after, I was contacted for a phone interview. A while after that, I was contacted for an in-person interview.

The in-person interview was about 3 hours away from where I lived and only lasted 40 minutes. My first interview was with a man who did not seem too familiar with the position I was applying for and seemed to be coming up with the questions on the spot. His questions were your average sales interview questions and it went fine.

Next I was interviewed by a sales manager, current sales trainee, and sales representative. It was mostly learning more about the position and them asking me more sales-oriented questions. It was a great experience to have another sales trainee to provide insight to the program. After answering their questions, I asked them a few questions about the company, program, and expectations for the position.

A week after, I was called and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?
      Tell me about a time you provided excellent customer service
      Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer
      Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thyssenkrupp Elevator (Miami, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

When I arrived I had no idea where to go. There was no reception area. A very nice employee tried to help me figure out where I was supposed to be. After she made many phone calls, she took me to the right place. Everyone was friendly. I interviewed with two people at the same time. The interview was short compared to others.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my past work experience. Didn't ask many questions.   1 Answer

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Thyssenkrupp Elevator (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Got called in for an interview with James Hancock. He was super friendly and nice, not intimidating at all, we talked about our interests, where we lived, and what local restaurants we liked.

Sustainability Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thyssenkrupp Elevator (Frisco, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

1st step is the phone screening, 2nd is the personal interview. asked about analytical skills, excel skills, what is the previous background. why choose this job, what environment would you prefer working in. what benefits can we get by hiring you..? etc.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the company.?   1 Answer