Thyssenkrupp Elevator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 24, 2017

2.7

Shipping and Receiving Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corinth, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thyssenkrupp Elevator (Corinth, MS) in June 2017.

Interview

Went to Hamilton Ryker and Got an Application And about a week later I receive a call to come in for a interview and that day I went threw onrantion

Interview Questions

• What position I'm good at ?   1 Answer

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thyssenkrupp Elevator (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

A total of eight interviews during a three-month period (a combination of calls, in-person and failed attempts at Skype calls due to technical problems from the HR dept.) This seemed extreme for a mid--level position. thyssenkrupp's HR people were cordial and polite, and blamed the lenthy wait times in between interviews on the hiring managers' busy travel schedule. My first interview of 2 in person meetings with the hiring managers was scheduled for a Friday at 4 p.m., and I didnt leave the office until nearly 7 o'clock that night. After another interview where I was asked to execute a hypothetical PR situation, I was told they would be deciding between me and another candidate. I really wanted the position and made that as clear as possible, but the other guy (or girl) got the job. It was a stressful interview process that unfortunately ended against my favor. All in all, the HR people were great but the hiring managers were disrespectful by not bothering to thank me for all the time I invested in their hiring process and learning their products inside and out. After all was said and done, I felt relieved that I avoided an employer who disregards the time and effort of job candidates the way this company did.

Interview Questions

• What's something that bothers you?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thyssenkrupp Elevator (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a very pleasant interview. The staff was very friendly and they asked mostly about the projects and works I have done throughout my academic career. They did not ask any technical questions, but it was pretty much me talking about my works.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your recent project, why did you like to work in our company ... etc   Answer Question

PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thyssenkrupp Elevator (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Very professional panel interview that was focus on the Construction industry. They were looking to hire a PM for their TOPS training program and would take a total of 2 months to go though the interview process and would start in June.

Commodity Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thyssenkrupp Elevator (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

Started off with an online application. Then I did a quick phone screen with very general questions. Followed by a longer on-site interview. I interviewed with the hiring manager as well as would be colleagues. Lastly, I went to lunch with the Purchasing team, without the hiring manager present. That was nice to talk to them and ask questions about Thyssenkrupp.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know about experience and processes in my old company. Why I left my old company, and what I was looking for in my next company.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Thyssenkrupp Elevator in March 2017.

Interview

Completely unprofessional from HR and Interviewer. Interviewer rescheduled multiple times and HR was not on same page as far as what the job requirements were. HR made me jump through hoops only for nothing to come of it. Don't ignore the bad reviews here, they've earned them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thyssenkrupp Elevator in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for this job in January and did not receive a phone call until late March. The job posting was very vague and they explained the details over the phone. First, the posting is not actually for the project manager positions but for superintendent only. This requires significant travel time and overtime, all of which is unpaid. Additionally, they require you to be willing to relocate anywhere in the geographic region. I asked how the region is defined and they said it was anywhere in the Mid-West.

I have interviewed for a few positions like this and have found that they all have absolutely no work-life balance. I asked what the typical work week was like and how many hours employees could expect to work. The interviewer acted like this was an inappropriate question and told me that if I am concerned about working too many hours this probably wasn't the right job for me. She's probably right about that. I was then asked what compensation I was looking for. This is where I got genuinely annoyed. The salary reviews on glassdoor for the both the superintendent and project manager positions are in the $80-100k range. I said I was making $84k at my previous job and wanted something similar. She said that they were thinking more like $50-60k. $50-60k to work unpaid overtime and travel with unpaid travel time in addition to agreeing to move anywhere they tell you to. Why would anyone accept this position?

Interview Questions

• What compensation are you looking for?   1 Answer

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Thyssenkrupp Elevator (Tampa, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

You start as a temp with a third party and after good attendance etc you do the application process again with the director assuming and then assuming you recive an offer of employment do another background check and drug test .

Industrial Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middleton, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thyssenkrupp Elevator (Middleton, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, a very nice recruiter called me, asked me about my resume and experience. After 40 mins speaking to her, she appointed another interview with two friendly hiring managers, they asked me about my entire resume, availability to work and skills.

Exactly a week after the inteeview the recuiter told me that after careful consideration they were moving with another candidate "whose skills were closer for the postion" even though I did a great interview and I have with 2 years of exp. I guess it's because I'm from Puerto Rico and it's cheaper to hire a local talent, than spending money bringing a person from Puerto Rico. Overall, it was a positive experiences.

Interview Questions

• What will my supervisor say about me? If I give an offer right now, what will be the expeceted time to start working here?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Thyssenkrupp Elevator (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

1 phone interview by corporate recruiter, several emails with branch manager to set up in person interview. Great in person interview. Several more emails to make sure I was still interested and to prepare me for district level interviews. No district interview happened, I received a " do not respond " automated email from the corporate recruiting department saying they chose someone else. I forwarded that email to hiring manager who politely responded (via email) I was on the list to call and who was surprised the company sends automated rejection emails.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in a management position?   1 Answer