TiVo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TiVo Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.8

QA Technician – Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TiVo.

Interview

Initially I had Phone interview which was short and to the point. The interviewer was very friendly and cheerful. I was then called for in-person interview at TiVo and was interviewed by 2 people and it last for 30 minutes approx. The interview was very nice and they made me feel very comfortable. They didn't asked much technical questions, rather it was more practical situation & example based interview. Overall people are very nice, friendly and great relaxed company culture.

I had some personal issues.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TiVo (San Jose, CA).

Interview

People I met were great, I really enjoyed meeting them. But the offer was disappointing.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember anything too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Offer was very low.
    They presented a lower-than-market rate early on, for example "This role pays in the A-C range." My response early in the process was, "that's lower than I currently make, but if I like the fit, then I'm flexible. If it's closer to 'C' then it'll still be lower but probably do-able with other considerations."
    When the offer came, they presented 'A' and seemed shocked that I would turn that down.

And the way the Recruiter characterized my response was disappointing. Seems she didn't want the 'rejection' to reflect negatively on her so she spun my response in a negative way. It's just business people, it's not personal! And you should act more professional.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TiVo.

Interview

Staffing was uncommunicative, and cold. Was unclear on any details, or even who I should talk to.

Interview Questions

• Three-parter questions, and questions that didn't relate to skill set.   1 Answer

Process Improvement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TiVo.

Interview

HR set up their interview, but never called. The hiring mgr called twice, but seemed confused about the position that was posted. It was advertised as establishing process, then said it was a PM role then called the next day to say it was not a PM role.

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TiVo in May 2013.

Interview

One phone screen - cancelled twice; Phone interview w hiring manager was exhausting. Can tell they are having issues filling position(s). HR was polite but also mentioned having issues finding right person(s). The whole process took 4 weeks. No response or followup to interview as told would happen. This to me is becoming normal practice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your experience and I will tell you about the job.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TiVo (San Jose, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Standard interview questions. Director who interviewed wasn't very interested. He had been there for a long time.

Interview Questions

Application

I interviewed at TiVo in May 2013.

Interview

First interviewed with the hiring manager, then went through a round of interviews with several members of the team. Was asked a lot of questions about Java that I wasn't quite experienced enough to know how to handle yet. Was sure I'd tanked the interview midway through and was really surprised when I was offered the job.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alviso, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TiVo (Alviso, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Very quick to reply with automatic email. Then recruiter contacted with 48 hours.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to detail and diagram how I would structure an executive presentation.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TiVo (San Jose, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the HR rep to see if I was interested in talking with the Director. I then talked with Director and set up a time to come in and meet the rest of the team. We discussed my experience, as well as, what the role would entail.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had experience prototyping and if so what was my process.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TiVo.

Interview

I sent my resume and received the phone call for the first interview with in 20 mins. I was not ready for it at all. I was asked a few questions about java. I received a call an hour later scheduling the second interview for the next day. That interview was more personal questions about me and my experience with java.

Interview Questions

• How would you access a database in java?
      What is an application server?
      Which is more important, software or hardware?
      Answer Question