TiVo Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

2.5

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TiVo (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and interviewed by several very nice people. The process was a bit all over the place and took forever. I was even left sitting in a room for 40 minutes waiting, and was never told the interview process was over. The offer came through with a 48hr time limit and there was little room for countering. HR also misinformed me on going into the negative on vacation, which I found out later was disallowed. Other red flag was that my potential boss spent the entire interview talking about himself and never really asked me anything.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at TiVo (San Jose, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Thorough and friendly. Recruiter was persistent at the beginning, which turned out to be a good thing. Good variety of stakeholders with whom I interviewed, providing a well-rounded view of the company and the role.

Interview Questions

• What about your prior experience would lead people to wonder why you would be a good fit for TiVo?   1 Answer

Engineering Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TiVo (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Liars - In all my career, have never seen such unethical and lying people. Applied online for the position through Jobvite and was contacted by the recruiter a few weeks later and said she is interested in setting up an initial phone screen with the hiring manager and asked me about the best time and number to reach. I told her my availability and my mobile number to call. A day later got the confirmation from her that contained details like who is going to call, when he is going to call and on what number (which will be my mobile number) he is going to call. The day came and I didn't get the call as expected and after 15 minutes from the scheduled time, I emailed the recruiter and informed her that I didn't get the call. This is where the fun started.

She emailed back saying the hiring manager tried to call me in another number (God knows what that number is) she said that she got that number from my Jobvite application. Then what's the point in confirming my mobile number. I don't know from where that "other" number came from, because I only have one number and that's what I use everywhere. What is interesting is the confirmation email that she sent clearly had my mobile number and wonder how the hiring manager got a different number. It's fine mistakes do happen, then I clearly told her that I don't have any other number and not sure how the "other" number ended in my Jobvite profile and my mobile number is the best way to reach me, no response from her for a day. Then I emailed her again to check in on what's happening, she informed that hiring manager called multiple times on my mobile number and was not able to reach me through my mobile, I was surprised to hear this as I was having a good signal reception in my phone and everyone else was able to call me and my phone was working just fine. I asked if the HM left any voice message for me, and as expected I was told that he didn't leave me a voice message (God knows why). Then I asked her number so that I can call her, but few minutes later I got a reply from her "I just tried calling you but didn't leave a message. Did you see my # show up? If so call me back." (God knows why she didn't leave a voice message)

Then after few minutes got an email that they will moving forward with other candidates. That's my experience with them :-)

Web Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TiVo (San Jose, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

This was a weird interview and definitely the worst I've experienced in my career. I was supposed to see three different people separately, but after the second interviewer I was abruptly shown the door. I asked the reason and was told I was "not a good fit." That is strange because I've been doing this job professionally for over 10 years. The two interviews I did go through were very, very short (I think the second was two questions). If I had to guess I would say that age may have been a factor, since I am 55. The interviewers mentioned a tight corporate culture and also alluded to problems others have noted in the reviews: management is top-heavy and very controlling. I was also told that promotions are rare. That seemed very strange. Not the way you want to sell your company. Everyone seemed nice but they did not like me at all. I was recruited for the job. They called me. So it was pretty disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for TiVo?   1 Answer

Media Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TiVo (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

First was a Telephonic interview, where I was asked basic questions. The process was very fast., I got a call within few days after applying online. Only basic questions was asked in the interview. It dint go for more than 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• what is volatile? what is stack and heap and their difference? multi threading? hardware interrupts? array vs linked list? few questions about the project   1 Answer

Engineering Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TiVo (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, then on-site interview. From the first call to the decision email, it took a total of 2 weeks. Very professional HR, nice people. The only strange thing was they brought a sandwich and soda for lunch for me to eat during one of the interviews.

Director, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TiVo (San Jose, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process at this company was very haphazard and frenetic. There was no clear process; the interviews were superficial; and the overall logistics were poorly managed. The recruiters and interviewers seemed to be constantly in a state of disarray with little to no organization, coordination, or efficiency.

I had regularly set expectations that my decision timing was the first week of August. This expectation was set with HR and the HM individually. When I received the offer on Friday July 25th at 5 PM, it had a 24 hour expiration. I informed HR that I would be making my decision on my specified timeline. I also indicated that I would be compiling my counter proposal after I received the benefits package. Upon hearing these details, and that I would be countering their offer, the company rescinded the offer due to be not accepting it quickly enough or accepting the offer in hand (details were not specified).

This led me to believe there is a significant lack of maturity in both the HR function at TiVo, as well as the hiring manager himself. To outright reject the candidate's timing and not accept counter offers is simply unacceptable in a modern, employee-centric organization.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TiVo (San Jose, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process was great. 2 initial phone interviews, one with someone from HR and the other with the hiring manager in marketing. Then went in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager and while I was there they had me interview with another marketing manager on their phone. They had me and one other girl interview for the same position the same day. I got a call the same day for an offer. Easy questions, just really getting to know you. You don't need much (if any) experience for an internship, as long as you show you are capable and willing to do the job. Great company, great pay! Made $20/hr for internship.

Senior Engineering Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at TiVo (San Jose, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I had an initial interview with VP, then what was to be a 2nd round that ended up getting split into two set of interviews (because some interviewers were not available). The whole process took about 5 months.

One welcome thing: everyone that interviewed me was older than I was -- which isn't always the case in Silicon Valley.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers were very interested in my prior experienced with advanced television technologies (understandable). Much of TiVo's platform is proprietary, so you just have to have enough background to pick things up once you get in the door.   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TiVo (San Jose, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Everyone was friendly and knowledgeable, Let me know what the expectations for the role was. Slightly intimidating in the beginning as I would be taking over the job duties of the first person who was interviewing me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NA