Tides Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2016

2.8

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tides Center (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It took about 2.5/3 months... I applied in early July, heard back from them 2 weeks later, had a phone interview 2 weeks after that, then an in person interview (1hr each, back to back), then 2 weeks later came back for a second round of marathon interviews (met with 3 more people for an hour each, back to back), then reference calls a week later, then an offer at the end of that week.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you faced challenges/difficulties on a project and how you dealt with it...   Answer Question
    • What do you think are important qualities in a manager?   Answer Question
    • What did you learn/gain from this (x) work experience?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Interview

Brief but good phone interview with thorough explanation of the position and the company. I was asked the expected questions and liked the organization. But it was a longer commute than I ultimately wanted.

Interview Questions

• What was my past experience with companies undergoing change?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Tides Center (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

phone interview, panel interview. Then absolutely no contact. Very poor traits for the HR team that they would not return my calls or emails. Even if to say Hey we are looking at other candidates. I would not want to work at a place that treats its applicants so poorly

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals   1 Answer

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tides Center (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

phone interview first. wait for about a week. then in-person interview - first part is the exam, then panel interviews.it took me about 3 weeks for the whole process.
    interview is not hard.

Management Interview

Interview

Phone screening, several interviews

Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tides Center (San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone, in person and panel interviews.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Tides Center (San Francisco, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Unfortunately, I have to say this was probably the worst interview experience I've ever had.

The phone interview was actually good. The HR person was thorough and was assessing a cultural fit. He seemed very interested that all candidates actually want to work at Tides and that they weren't just arbitrarily looking for a job with any company.

The in-person interview was different. It consisted of a 1-hour panel interview with 4 individuals in completely disparate departments. Personally, I feel that 1-hour to simultaneously convince 4 different departments is a near impossibility for anyone except sales people; not systems analysts.

What made the interview more vexing is that all but one of the interviewers seemed completely unprepared. They all sat in the room and said almost nothing. They had no questions to ask and mumbled halfhearted answers when questions were asked of them. Ultimately, they seemed to have no agenda.

The questions which were asked centered largely around the job description and ultimately just amounted to "Tell me about a time when you [insert line from job description]." There was little response beyond that and the person leading the interview would then just move on to the next question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have implemented an ERP system.   Answer Question