Tieto Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 24, 2017

3.3

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tieto in October 2017.

Interview

I got mail from them on naukari. I replied to them on it. After that hr called me for interview. After 2 technical interview with there team they short listed me and i went for hr discussions. She askd expected ctc and other things also asked me mail my documents for verification after sending documents she sent me CTC breakup. I sent my approval for that. This process took 3 days around as i took some time for decision making. But later don't know what happened at there end they started being doubtful about me and started asking me to give guarantee of joining. They don't want to offer me this position because may be they got some other candidates who are joining them early. They dint clearly mentioned the reason but said me that they feel that i will not join them and they have hired other candidates. Is this the way they behave? Who will give assurance of joining. If candidate gets better opportunity than this he will definitely go there. You can't ask like this at last moment. Disgusting behaviour of HR . And even i got ready to give them assurance she said that she will discuss with her senior about this. WHAT??? Isn't it unprofessional??
If any head of tieto is reading this please make sure that you are not withdrawing offer after offering to candidate.If you have any conditions clear them at first moment itself before offering.

Other Interview Reviews for Tieto

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tieto (Pune (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

There are four rounds of Interview.

1. Online Test: It is conducted using Metti. It is easy if you know the basics. In my case, it was .NET Technology so most of the things asked were related to OOPS concept, LINQ, .NET framework etc.

2. F2F Technical round: It all depends on the interviewer since I have given two times interview first time was very basic questions related to OOOPs concept, Interfaces, Collections, ADO.NET, LINQ, SQL, etc. however during the second time I had to write code throughout the session since it is not an average service based company they at least look for average developers. The code was a simple programme in MVC, however, more focus was on the way of writing and efficiency. Practise Lamda expressions very well.

3. F2F Technical + Managerial round: Long round with many advanced technical questions as well as they try to know you as the candidate so high possibility of getting rejected here as well.

4. HR Round: Do I need to explain :).

The HR person here are very cooperative and they give feedback at the end of every round which I found very nice.

Interview Questions

• HTTP Controls, HTTP Filters, Generics, HTTP Modules, Async and Await, Threading   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tieto (Pune (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

I received a call from the HR saying that my profile has been shortlisted. I was from a different location, and was willing to relocate to Pune. She arranged for a video interview session (in Google Hangout) for the next day at 11 am.
    The interview started sharp at 11 am and continued for almost an hour. The interview was entirely technical.
    The same evening I received another call from the HR saying that the feedback for my interview has been positive, and arranged for another video interview session on the next day with a different interviewer, again at 11 am.
    This one also started sharp at 11 am, and again continued for almost an hour. It was a combination of technical and managerial questions.
    I received an email from the HR, asking for documents on the next day evening.
    Two working days after that, I received a call from the HR in the evening, for the HR round. The negotiations were done, and she called me on the next day morning to quote the offer.
    I agreed, and the offer letter was sent to me on the next morning.
    The entire interview and offer process was extremely smooth, and was completed within a week.

Interview Questions

• The degree of difficulty for the technical questions ranged mostly from mid-difficult to difficult.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune City (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tieto (Pune City (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

- Online technical MCQ test - Technical round - Technomanagerial round - Got interview outcome on same day - Got offer letter in couple of days - Continuous communication from HR even after selection

Interview Questions

• OOPS in details, the DotNet framework in detail, Design patterns in details, Will try to justify your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Try to ask good package, don't agree on what HR says.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tieto (Pune (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

The process was in the order of Technical Aptitude >> Two Technical F2F >> Managerial F2F >> HR
    Went for the process at 10 and first round that was aptitude was taken at 2pm that too by many follow ups, then aptitude was taken but the question comes out of the syllabus not related to my work scope. It was all chaos in tieto for the process some hr were confused with resume giving back and taking then some were confused how to take aptitude. It was looking like HR were not prepared and trained sufficiently for the process. I had many hopes as i missed some big giants schedule interview and went for tieto's process and was completely got frustrated and came back with no results.

Interview Questions

• It was all Core Technical generic on all the topics even topic which was not related   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tieto (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

I got the call from recruitment agency .They setup Skype interview .It went good i have answered almost all the question .After 2-3 days i got the mail of successful completion of the 1st round and i appeared for 2nd round .It was technical interview with senior technical manager .Questions were normal so i answered them properly with some mistake but overall it was good.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tieto (Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)) in May 2016.

Interview

Send application, went couple month, after that got phone call and invite in the interview another city. After interview I was promised get a call about couple weeks, Still waiting.
    after 3 weeks, I tried to reach out to the interviewer, failing.

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tieto (Pune (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was an great experience. I applied through the referral portal. Hence I got the call. and Google Hangouts meeting was scheduled . I logged in to the meeting , and interview happened on schedule.
    After the interview i was called in for another Managerial round . Which is pretty much about the organizational structure , and how would you do if you had to work alone , etc .
    Then I had an HR round and got the offer on the very next day .

Interview Questions

• Q1 ] Core java - Checking the string was palindrome , and in different approaches
      Q2 ] JavaScript -
             1. var str = "abc" + 3 + 4 ; what is the value of str
             2. var str = 3 + 4 + "abc" : What is the value of str
      Q3 ] Dojo Related Question , Like i18n, and different modules in it .
      Q4 ] Project related questions
      q5 ] was asked everything I had written in the resume .   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tieto (Pune (India)).

Interview

First - telephonic round
    Second - brain bench test at company premises
    Third - a technical round with senior person
    fourth - Personal Interview with concerned project manager & HR for salary negotiations.

Interview Questions

• Java technical questions & then small presentation on a case.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tieto (Pune (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

I was interviewd for the position of the software engineer, interview was quite normal. There was no difficulty in answering questions. After 1 week I got a call from hr team, I have been selected and will be further interviewd for personal rounds.

Interview Questions

• Technical related questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be well prepared.