Tiffany & Co. Operations Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tiffany & Co. Operations Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Tiffany & Co.

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (Beverly Hills, CA).

Interview

Applied online and got an email to schedule a phone interview. Went onsite to interview twice. Had an enjoyable and personable interview with their operations manager. If memory serves they didn't call back to let me know if I did or did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Tiffany brand and what types of associations do you have with it?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work at Tiffany?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tiffany & Co.

Operations Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. in September 2015.

Interview

Applied in the summer
    I was called on the phone three weeks later for a phone interview
    I received a face to face interview right after that
    Ask pretty basic question, job history, how can you use what you experience previously to this position.
    Very laid back and chill.
    I was nervous because i want this position so bad.
    But very cool.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experience?
      Can you work with groups?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by HR and attended an interview. I was told the process would take 2 hours, it ended up taking less than one. Interviewer didn't ask anything relevant to my field or expertice, just general questions.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online, and completed a detailed application. They do check your references and past employers. I was contacted via email to do an online assessment which took and hour to do. Then I followed up with the manger who emailed me the assessment, and they asked me to come in for an interview. Then I was asked back for a 2nd interview. Within a couple of days I was offered a job, contingent upon the successful completion of my background check, drug test, and reference check.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle an irate customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple. They have a set range for each position.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (Seattle, WA).

Interview

After I filled out a lenghty online application and completed theur personality test, I received a phone call. Phone call came around 7pm on a week night, which I thought was strange. Assistant manager asked me some basic questions, then invited me to an interview. The in-person interview was pretty basic, just had be clarify my resume & asked about my computer and customer service abilities. District and store manager was there, she asked me just basic questions such as more on my computer skills & what I would do in a situation with an angry customer. She just got up and left, which I thought was weird. I waited in the private sales room for a good 10 minutes before anyone came back, which I thought was unprofessional. The asst manager thanked me and said they were looking to make a decision in 2-3 weeks. I got a call the next day, he asked me a few more questions, mostly to elaborate on my experience. Then the following day I was offered the jon.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions given to me dealt with my customer service experience and computer skill set.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, I was offered a salary and a start date, & I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied online and received a call to schedule an interview the next day. I had a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. The woman interviewing me was nice but the interview was very structured and asked a lot of questions about certain situations that I dealt with in my previous experience. I had just graduated from college and had very little job experience other than internships. I received an email 3 weeks later telling me that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a about a time when you were asked by your superiors to complete a task/tasks that were outside of your job responsibilities.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (Nashville, TN) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied through the online portal, tiffanycareers.com for the Sales Professional position. I called and left the hiring manager a voicemail with my information and intent, and was called back 3 days later with an interview offer for the Operations Assistant position, as the sales position had already been filled. We scheduled the interview for 4 days from the date of the call. I went in for the interview and waited for about 5 minutes while the manager went to the restroom. The office manager, the operations manager, and I went into the office of the manager for the interview. The interview lasted around 18 minutes and consisted mostly of questions about my background, previous jobs I had held, and what I liked/disliked about the jobs. They also asked questions such as "Tell me about yourself" and situational questions to gauge my personality. They described the duties of the Operations Assistant position. They also asked me if the pay they were offering ($14.00/hr) was sufficient as my background in cellular sales tends to pay more, to which I responded that it was perfectly acceptable. I left the interview feeling quite confident in how it progressed.

Interview Questions

• Based on your background in cellular sales, which tends to pay a higher amount than what we are offering, would you be willing to accept the position at the pay level we are currently offering?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (Roseville, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Went to a job fair. Process was very fast paced and they had a "styling" test during which I had to create looks of jewelry. Due to the number of people I met, it was difficult to remember names.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co. (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Had a phone interview, and about to have 1-1 interview. I have to be honest here, and say that i am a little bit dissapointed. I dont think of myself as the smartest kid, but these big companies aquire so many interviews, questions, preparation, long working hours, and the position they offer is not intelectually challenging at all. Why do we have to go through 5 interviews in 3 months period to get the position such as moving boxes, or bringing jewlery from one floor to another. Is this the price we have to pay in getting into these big name companies?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they asked me how much i am looking to get paid, i said from 18-20, she was quite and offered 16, i said no problem but we can sure negotiate on this too

Operations Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tiffany & Co..

Interview

You must pass an online assessment test prior to even receiving a phone call from Tiffany. If you make it past the HR screeners, you will be interviewed by the Sales Manager, Ops Manager, and Director. These may not all occur on the same day, or week. The interview process can be long, and there is an extensive background check. I found the process pleasant enough, they don't play games with gotcha questions and the environment is very professional and refined.

Interview Questions

• Mostly standard questions such as "Where do you see yourself in five years?". They all asked how I would handle disengaging myself from a client who is a little too attached when we are very busy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can negotiate the offer they make. Mine was a little low for what the job entailed, but they accepted my counter offer. Don't go crazy, but be aware that they have left themselves a little wiggle room.